Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and my big mouth saying we'd get beat Two-Nil :( Well, that's how it goes sometimes. Now we need to put the game behind us and concentrate on beating Newcastle next week. As for MotM, none of our players stood out for me today. Michael Keane didn't play that bad, so maybe he gets for me.

Wasn’t great but I don’t know why people are so worried... do some people not pay attention to the rest of the league? It’s going to be a crazy season and a lot of teams look simply awful. I’d be amazed if we don’t finish in the top 4.

Easy to slag Iwobi but James was woeful today
tenor.gif

Me and my big mouth saying we'd get beat Two-Nil :( Well, that's how it goes sometimes. Now we need to put the game behind us and concentrate on beating Newcastle next week. As for MotM, none of our players stood out for me today. Michael Keane didn't play that bad, so maybe he gets for me.

tenor.gif

That was as bad as owt we have seen this past few years.

Hard to pick an MOTM.

I will plump for Anthony Gordon as he is untainted by the first half horror show and we showed a spark of life...for a while...when he came on.

Feels like the pressure of being top is getting to us a bit. Think the extra scrutiny from the press this week didn’t help. Players froze out there today

Cold hard facts is that we’ve been out played 2 weeks on the run. Last week we got a point and looked dangerous despite being 2nd best for long periods. Today was just 2nd best for long periods. Offered nothing really.

the real worry is depth of the squad. This season will be brutal with the schedule. Need to be getting 10-11 of our better players on the pitch each week, otherwise this type of performance might happen more often than you’d hope. Suspensions will hurt the next few weeks. It was never a sending off today though last week we got away with one. These things even out and the Digne sending off didn’t really change the course of the game IMO.

...most disappointing aspect is that we didn’t create a chance. I don’t mind us losing so much if we’ve carried a threat but we didn’t carry any. We depend on Richarlison so much and other sources of creativity and threat like Digne & DCL were poor.

CBs were ok, but I’m really not convinced in them as a partnership. Both were badly pulled out of central areas for the 2nd goal, leaving a chasm in the penalty area where we needed one of them. Allan stuck to his task, but nobody played really well. I went for Mina as MoM but not with any confidence,

...most disappointing aspect is that we didn’t create a chance. I don’t mind us losing so much if we’ve carried a threat but we didn’t carry any. We depend on Richarlison so much and other sources of creativity and threat like Digne & DCL were poor.

CBs were ok, but I’m really not convinced in them as a partnership. Both were badly pulled out of central areas for the 2nd goal, leaving a chasm in the penalty area where we needed one of them. Allan stuck to his task, but nobody played really well. I went for Mina as MoM but not with any confidence,

Agree completely!

Its a defeat , the 1st and it wont be the last.
We we're not at the races today..
it happens.
Bit concerned about the squad depth now.

We where very unimpressive.

Southampton where very impressive.

Be wrong to give anyone MOM.

Wasn’t great but I don’t know why people are so worried... do some people not pay attention to the rest of the league? It’s going to be a crazy season and a lot of teams look simply awful. I’d be amazed if we don’t finish in the top 4.

We don't mind a defeat.

But the difference in intensity from the two teams was so massive that it hurt the fans

Show up atleast, the rest is up the football

Status
Not open for further replies.