Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well your whole points stems from playing Godfrey at right back.
How does bringing in another right back and selling one change having to play Godfrey if they are both injured?

It doesn't. But we'll still need a better back up right back as a lot of the same issues that came up today with Godfrey will do so with Kenny as he's not a good player.

I am afraid Southampton showed us how to pass a ball today, our passing was pretty awful and in my opinion Iwobi is not a premiere footballer, I don't just blame him because the whole team was bad today. In fact I couldn't even give a man of the match today.

We have one clever player at our club. We all know who that is. We need more thinkers, more guile and quicker passing. Our lot are predictable bar one. most Other clubs have 2 or 3 clever offensive players. If we're keeping James on the right, we need a clever number 10 behind the front players. Siggy, bernard aren't good enough , and neither I'm afraid to say, is gomes by the look of things.

We are crying out for a Bruno Fernandez, Madison type player in central role behind the front players. We lack creativity.
May as well play James central and let him get on the ball as much as possible in that case.

3-4-2-1 for next game please.

------------------------Pickford------------------------
---------Godfrey-----Keane-----Mina--------------
Gomes---------Allan-------Doucoure------Nkounkou
--------Rodriguez------------------Gordon-------------
---------------------------DCL---------------------------

If James is fit of course. 3 at the back will allow Godfrey to concentrate on defending and allow Nkounkou to get forward. Rodriguez and Gordon given licence to move around, pull players out of position, attack, and help out the midfield - bound to be more effective than Siggy. Keep Iwobi on the bench. Bernard as an alternative to Gordon. Gomes likely to be more assured on the ball than Godfrey but at RWB would have less defensive duties. Can't see how else we can do it without a proper right back available.

The one good thing to come out of today was everyone being reminded that Iwobi is not premier league footballer. Barely warrants championship football.

Literally not a braincell, terrible touch and tactically ... as astute as a recently released sex offender at a supermodel sleepover

Status
Not open for further replies.