Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely nothing on our right side from attack. Everything goes to Iwobi on the left who wastes most things he touches. We miss Coleman. Coleman's forward movement pulls players towards him creating more space centrally & on the left so when James pings balls wide, the receiver has more time & space. Godfrey needs to use his pace a bit & go more forward. Our players naturally seek out the left so we need to beef up the right side to change this game.

Coleman just knows where to be all the time and has an almost perfect instinct for the position. I feel for Godfrey and am not laying this at his door.

I support my team.

It’s pathetic and very child-like behaviour.

Call a spade a spade though we have been crap and frustrating to watch today, the build up play so plodding and predictable.

We were doing quite well until Sig hit the bar I thought.

But you’re right we can still get something here. Difficult but one early goal now and we are back in it.

Will never understand how people think Iwobi is better than Bernie though.

James, Iwobi and Siggi are so passive when we don’t have the ball, they’re just not aggressive enough, players are running off them at will and leaving Allan Doucoure with too many holes to plug and too much ground to cover. The fullbacks are also getting exposed. We can get away with James doing that but when you add in the other two as well it’s a recipe for disaster.

Absolutely anybody, I’d play Davies there, or if one of our youth isn’t better than this display from Godfrey then their careers are over.
Godfrey is having a stinker but putting a CB or at a push a CDM at RB with nobody in front of him wasn’t exactly a great call.

Status
Not open for further replies.