Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we pull off an Away win without two of our bigger goal threats that would be huge

Might have to resort to last season tactics of Lucas Digne set peices

I think we’d struggle to play them off the park anyways. They press a lot and are good in possession. Our best option is going for a direct approach and looking to catch them on the counter. Think we’re looking at another second half Palace performance, backs against the walls and digging deep, it will be a messy one but confident with DCL we have goal in us.

Pretty sure Siggurdson will start somewhere, Carlo seems to like him Alot and he is prob the closest in profile to James... Unless we change the way we play for this game

I wouldn't have expected this to be an easy game with a fully fit squad.

They are a hard working squad, they do concede a lot of goals though.

Time for Gordon/Bernard/Iwobi to shine.

I can still see James making the team. Carlo didn't seem to insist he was 100% out, just that he may be. Could be a deflection tactic, taking some of the pressure off Pickford and highlighting that Van Dijk is no angel.

If James doesn't play, then a really good test of squad depth. Never an easy game but you've still got to back Carlo and his tactics. The old boy knows what he's doing.

Think we will see a much more defensive performance now. Can’t go out thinking it doesn’t matter if we concede as goals are going to be harder to come by

Calvert Lewin
Gordon - Sigurdsson - Iwobi
Allan - Doucoure
Digne - Keane - Mina - Godrey
Pickford

I think that team is strong enough to get a result. Ings is definitely a problem though.

Status
Not open for further replies.