Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keane was exceptional again, kept his composure throughout when his partner was losing his. Chipped in with a goal too, brilliant stuff.

As for the game, blessed to get a point,let's not deny that. They are a damn good side but battled for a point.
Ive been absolutely brutal about him for probably the last 18 months, but he has been brilliant, since the restart.
Hes refound that defensive stability and the left footed passes and chips he drops into space are sublime.
Early days I know, but him and Holgate are gonna be good. Special mention to Godfrey as well.
Oh, and Pickford will definitely be getting a ban. The media is cranking into gear as we speak.

That was pleasing in that we went out and played football instead of sitting off and playing for counters. And we were in it too, they were probably better on the day but we were right there. There are still players not up to standard, and Doucoure's short comings were exposed as often as Gomes' unfortunately, but we really have a good side right now.

The second goal showed where the talent is too. Great line splitting pass from Keane, James receives it and turns waiting for the moment to play in Digne who hits a peach for Dom. With respect to Richarlison those have been our four best players and that goal just shows that they'll all step up too.

Good signs, nobody we play is as good as them going forward, and still top too.

Bit of luck with refereeing decisions and VAR for a change. Certainly when it comes to derbies.

Anybody who thought there wasn't going to be a backlash from their heavy defeat last time out were mistaken. This is a very good Liverpool side we played today. We caught them on the rebound from a heavy defeat and at a time when we were badly affected from the International break and injuries to key players leading upto the game. To come from behind twice shows tremendous resilience and to get a draw when we were clearly not at our best is also a good sign.

I'll happily take a point today.

Pickford my MOM today although I probably wouldn't be saying that if it wasn't for VAR.

Good to see some positivity and I largely agree. Think people are/were expecting too much of us now we are top of the league, but we still have a long way to go. Finally, though there is visible progress.

Disagree about pickford though. He played well and I don't blame him for the goal really, but that botched challenge could have seen us down to 10 men a few minutes into the first half, and I just don't know what he was thinking.

images.jpeg-20.jpg

Did BT mention anything about these theatricals?

No I didn’t think so.

Remember when Everton were used as an example of how clubs will be punished and players fined for deceiving the officials? Hasn’t happened since has it. Of course it hasn’t.

Mane undoubtedly a good player to add balance, has always been a diving, theatrical rat, but gets away with it because of who he plays for. He is a rat.

Status
Not open for further replies.