Old Everton Pictures

We got beat 3-2.....Bally was furious........
The cracks in his captaincy started ........
Relative newcomer so may have already been asked or answered. Has there even been reason given as to why Bally suddenly got transferred to Arsenal? I know it was a lot of money but did Harry who usually kept things very quiet, or bally ever reveal a reason behind it?

Relative newcomer so may have already been asked or answered. Has there even been reason given as to why Bally suddenly got transferred to Arsenal? I know it was a lot of money but did Harry who usually kept things very quiet, or bally ever reveal a reason behind it?
All sorts of rumours Bally got into financial troubles with horse racing gambling debts Chairman John Moores bailed him out then he did it again etc .......
No one really knows other than Zbally was adamant he never wanted to leave as the Catt seen his investment in him double so sold him only 9 months after saying he would not sell him for a million pounds .....
He had injuries Bally the goals started to dry up .......he was fell out with some of the players being Captain as his standards were higher - Gordon West Kethn Newton in particular ...maybe more.........
The Catt imo sold him far too early instead of just taking the captaincy of him- he had previously sold the great Bobby collinsvin a similar vain as he as Captain too was sold far too early -
Labby pointed this out about both players .......being sold for the sake of it........

At First glance I thought Jimmy Greaves, but Trinity may well be correct with Johnny Haynes. It’s NOT Bobby Charltonlol
My first thought on looking at the photo was Johnny Haynes. I've since checked out who actually played in that match. Haynes did play. Jimmy Greaves did play.
And also another possibility.......Bobby Robson. Those three players are imo who could be in the photo. I'm sticking with Johnny Haynes. He was the captain. And Haynes strikes me as the type of captain who would look out for his players.............

1602500938810.jpeg

My first thought on looking at the photo was Johnny Haynes. I've since checked out who actually played in that match. Haynes did play. Jimmy Greaves did play.
And also another possibility.......Bobby Robson. Those three players are imo who could be in the photo. I'm sticking with Johnny Haynes. He was the captain. And Haynes strikes me as the type of captain who would look out for his players.............
Anyone who saw Johnny Haynes play, What was he like? From what I've read, he comes across as a technicall gifted modern inside forward.