Old Everton Pictures

Everton F.C. 1969 / 1970 - Team Group Photocall Back row (left to right): Geoff Barnett, Gordon West, Andy Rankin. Middle row: W.Dixon (trainer), John Hurst, Joe Royle, Brian Labone, Roger Kenyon, Sandy Brown, Howard Kendall, Harry Catterick (Manager)
View attachment 103742
Great team photo. Think if asked to say which was my favourite Everton team ....it's that team. Of course we have had some great teams over the years ( and a few not so good). But that 1969/70 team is top of my list.......Great team.....great photo........great stuff.

Everton F.C. 1969 / 1970 - Team Group Photocall Back row (left to right): Geoff Barnett, Gordon West, Andy Rankin. Middle row: W.Dixon (trainer), John Hurst, Joe Royle, Brian Labone, Roger Kenyon, Sandy Brown, Howard Kendall, Harry Catterick (Manager)
View attachment 103742
Got the ones that you named, struggling a bit with the front row either side of Jimmy Husband. Gerry Humphries and Tommy Jackson?

Good luck to you!

Can't remember us being fancied for a title. 62 / 3 - Spurs; 69 / 70 - Leeds / City / Liverpool & so on.

Got a feeling in my water that we're in for the top four - of course we'll drop points but, this season, just feel that all the fancied teams are going to be dropping them too.
we were always well fancied in the mid 1980s to win football matches.....titles and cups. And mainly didn't let anyone down. Great team back then......and we mainly beat the teams that we were favourites to beat. While also beating our main title rivals as well. We need to be doing that now.
I suppose it's all about beating teams that we should be beating. No silly slip ups. No sloppy performances. And when we do slip up , we bounce back quickly.
Early days. But keep winning football matches. And who knows.
Everyone expected Leicester City to slip up a few seasons back. They didnt.
I get the feeling now that everyone is expecting us to slip up. Let's keep them all waiting.
Anyhow........let's hope that our first 11 and a few of our better back up players all stay fit.
That could be the main defining reason to us staying in contention this season.
Let's hope that DCL keeps scoring. And that Richarlson and Rodriquez stay fit.....motivated and firing on all cylinders. And lets hope that Pickford cuts out the mistakes ( although tbh i'm not that confident in that happening).
Sorry about the long post. Last comment.......let's hope this good run of form goes on until Christmas. Of course we will.lose matches......but hopefully not that many. And if we are in contention around the new year, hopefully we bring in a few more quality players. To see us home.
I've a different feeling this season. This Everton team is looking good. People have been saying to me........Everton playing well........Everton looking good......
People now starting to notice us. Let's keep that thought and feeling and momentum going.
Rant now over.........Up the Toffees.....

Got the ones that you named, struggling a bit with the front row either side of Jimmy Husband. Gerry Humphries and Tommy Jackson?
Spot on. Tommy Jackson played in 15 matches that season. Gerry Humphreys played in just one. The only player missing from that team photo who featured in the 1969/70 season is Frank Darcy. He featured in 5 matches. I think.....
Sorry.......either side of the players you have mentioned. Johnny Morrissey and Tommy Wright. Have that photo framed. It's a favourite of mine.......

Last edited:

Photo Greeting Card published at the time -
1602161820129.png