Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickford really isn't the worst keeper in the league - which we are top of, with him in goal. He does make daft mistakes, he also makes good saves.
The problem is that he’s trending downwards.

I’ve been willing him to come good for ages, but he’s just getting worse. He dropped more than one clanger at the weekend, it wasn’t just the goal, and that’s not even the first time this season he’s made several major mistakes in one match.

Naive way of thinking with that clown in goal. Any good work will be unravelled by him this season.

Unfortunately that was it.

Allan, Doucoure and James Rodriguez or replace Pickford with a top-quality goalkeeper.

The alternative was a late deal for a goalkeeper to come in and replace Lossl as second choice and be better than Lossl to add competition / replace Pickford if needed for the season.

Romero isn't a top-quality goalkeeper and neither are Olsen or Gazzaniga.

Unfortunately that was it.

Allan, Doucoure and James Rodriguez or replace Pickford with a top-quality goalkeeper.

The alternative was a late deal for a goalkeeper to come in and replace Lossl as second choice and be better than Lossl to add competition / replace Pickford if needed for the season.

Romero isn't a top-quality goalkeeper and neither are Olsen or Gazzaniga.
I'd say Romero is a fair bit better than the other two.

Which is fine. Why bother now? Just stick with Pickford, Lossl and Virginia. It seems a weird move loaning in a reserve keeper on deadline day. Very much doubt this will have any effect on Pickford whatsoever, he'll still be first choice and won't really be under any more pressure. I don't get this transfer and I don't get the Kean one either. All a bit strange, if you ask me.

Because they clearly think Lossl is dreadful and they want someone who can push Pickford.

They don't think that's Lossl, so they need someone else.

Romero is probably the first choice but United are refusing to do the deal we want.

It's also a stop-gap I imagine we didn't think we'd need but Pickford's start to the season has forced our hand.

Some interesting Tweets there old Nymz.....
9D6387B4-F94C-46CE-BD71-A664A390C5A3.png

My favourite this @Nymzee

Status
Not open for further replies.