2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
25E5BBFF-8E99-47D2-ABE7-87CB456AF701.png

....the general view from Norwich forum.

...not when he’s being sold. You normally see comments like: ‘I’ll drive him there myself’ etc but they were saying they were surprised nobody has come in for him and that he’s worth £40m. They were chuffed when the first offer was knocked back.
yep... history is rewritten 99/100 when a player is leaving.

The fact that he learnt his football (from what has been said in this thread) as DM is a very interesting development. Could be stroke of genius as Allans back up (sorry I just will be shocked if Gbamin comes back and can actually be up to std)... so ticking the DM box along with CB makes him a very useful addition

The fact that he learnt his football (from what has been said in this thread) as DM is a very interesting development. Could be stroke of genius as Allans back up (sorry I just will be shocked if Gbamin comes back and can actually be up to std)... so ticking the DM box along with CB makes him a very useful addition
It was one loan spell at Shrewsbury. I think we can see him as a CB.

From the reports I saw, I got the idea that Gabriel cooled on us once Arsenal called.

I think we flapped about on fees after having an initial agreement in prinicipal, which gave Arsenal a chance to get involved. Was all over from there. All rumours and paper talk of course.

The one thing I'm surprised about with our Godfrey bid is that he's a right footer. I only realised very recently (after reading an article) how useful it can be. Opens up passes that are too difficult for a right peg in that position. Suppose it makes sense that if we can't get a lefty, we need someone with exceptional dribbling, control and passing to play on the left instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.