Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pacey, athletic CB please, ideally on loan.

Would only bother with a RB if someone comes in for Kenny.

Oh yeah and divine 30+ mil out of thin air and get Zaha please.

it got to be Todibo we are after now. Constant links in the Spanish press over the summer, but we probably didn't thought he was/is worth 25 mill to spend on now. So now he is available for a loan (with option to buy probably) i guess with Brands his contacts at Barca we are going for him. Maybe take a RW from Barca while we are it lol, like the Mina & Gomes deal

The Iwobi transfer makes absolutely no sense to me. It's not like Brands isn't immune to a stumble or anything but surely he can't have pushed for it given his usual remit. The ex-arsenal connection has me wondering if Moshiri had anything to do with it.

If we do get rid of him after one season what was the point at all? I would love to know what went on with his transfer and who pushed for it because Silva clearly had him benched most of the time.

Let's have it right, Iwobi has been dump so far. Of those players, though, he has the most to potentially gain, in terms of development, from playing and training with the new lads.

Give him this season to improve and then, if he doesn't, bin him.

Obvs lash the other two in the sea.

really think we should have been looking at it this summer myself. Look we all knew how bad our midfield was, but we had plenty of numbers there imo to get by if we only bought one of allan or doucoure. We messed up massively by not getting a centre back last summer. Yeah branthwaite has come into the fold, but he shouldn't be 4th choice just yet. Still think we need an experienced centre back there as our numbers are horrific in that department, especially now with injuries and gibson gone.

The reality is, we might find it hard to get rid of delph or davies or both so we now have so many midfielders for 2/3 spots and really 3 and a half centre backs. I would have preferred us to have targeted 1 mid and 1 CB first and then maybe get doucoure, for example at a later date if we managed to offload a load.
Mate if we got 2 injuries to our strikers that would then become the priority. It's the way it is. You can't say we should have seen it coming

Back in August centre midfield was priority for the season start. End of. We've started the season great. Had we brought in Gabriel instead I wonder where we'd be

This is from the Adam Leventhal article on Sarr, sounds like speculation to me:

“Outside the so-called ‘Big Six’, Everton — who have taken Abdoulaye Doucoure off Watford’s hands this summer — are looking to offload a trio of attacking wide players in Theo Walcott, Alex Iwobi and Yannick Bolasie. It’s known that in all negotiations Watford build a list of potential players that could form part of a swap deal so it will be intriguing if, even after their outlay on two further players in James Rodriguez and Allan, Everton would be in the market for another expensive addition.“

Todibo looks more likely I would think, it's really a bit of a punt but that's the nature of the loan market at times.

I think Chelsea look likely to leave us hanging again, so I hope we don't facilitate them.

I was not impressed with him anytime I have seen him with Schalke but you would have to preface that by saying he was playing in an overall very poor side.

I usually back any signing we make, and at least give them a chance.
Todibo if he can stay fit should be great signing. Barca fans rate him alot higher than they ever did Mina.

surely, but all last summer i was chilled, relaxed that we'd eventually get a centre back in as i believed we knew zouma wasn't coming, but no. I really don't see why we couldn't have held onto gibson, at least for tonight seeing as reading are out of the comp anyway (i saw the rule about not being able to play for more than 2 clubs in a season and i don't know if that spreads across all comps, but hardly great when we're already foreseeing sending him to someone else in jan). We may have needed him at the weekend too! You don't know what happens in footy these days.

Todibo is who i'd like based on all the names floating around atm.
Common sense says hang on to Gibson until replacement brought in. We were left short last year but didn't have the level of injuries to expose us. But we did at left back 3 years ago when we had to play Martina

I've already heard shouts on twitter saying keep Iwobi and Walcott, I think it's obvious if this is true it's to free up wages to allow us to bring in someone like Zaha or Bailey.
Oh deffo. We need a top draw wide forward and I'd only get rid of either if we had one lined up

it got to be Todibo we are after now. Constant links in the Spanish press over the summer, but we probably didn't thought he was/is worth 25 mill to spend on now. So now he is available for a loan (with option to buy probably) i guess with Brands his contacts at Barca we are going for him. Maybe take a RW from Barca while we are it lol, like the Mina & Gomes deal
Carles Alena can play rw as well as cm. Great young composed player.

Status
Not open for further replies.