Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think like this as well. I do hope that there will be an improvement in at least some of the players that don't move on, if we have any hopes of top six we depend on that too.

Sigurdsson and Gomes for example, surely there are more goals in both of them. I'd bet that Sig should get 6-8 goals even spending most of the season from the bench this year and surely Gomes is capable of 5 or 6 as well.

If that happens and James gets into double figures then that's an enormous improvement and we should be at least in the mix for a top six place with 8 games to go. That's what I'm looking for.

Another player or two in would add to the depth and make hopes of top six more realistic as well
Spot on ;)

:eek: His footballing skills may not be up to much, but they're still waaay better than his dress sense.
Nah i like it, it shows he has a bit of personality, can't say i would wear any of it though mind and i like my clothes much prefer Doms street style look.

Is this wolves who just lost Jota and Doherty?

They'll still spend - as I said check their weekly team and they barely ever get injury.

Rodriguez has had problem with injury in recent seasons

Gomes always picks up niggles as does Coleman, Mina.

DCL/Rich picking up an injury has us with Kean/Tosun who are useless.

We just havent the squad to finish top 6 this season its as simple as that.

Some call it bed wetting - I call it realistic - we are 3-4 signings away from that which is what I said at the start of the window when I said realistically its going to take 2x summer windows of solid recruitment to mount a serious challenge considering the sheer amount of injury prone players we have / the lack of a quality squad to compensate for it.

Think perhaps you're being a bit harsh. Surely fair enough to say that, not only do we need to improve, but need to improve to a greater extent than the teams around us if we want to make progress? Think what we've signed will get us a step up, but if we want a leap, something more is required.
We underachieved last year. For any number of reasons, injuries, refereeing decisions, bad luck and most of all poor coaching and management, all of which leads to low confidence in the players. Had Gbamin, Delph and Gomes been fully fit all season we'd have seen a very different league table. The additions we have made already will see us finish 7/9. A couple of additions, an athletic right back and top drawer pacey right wing, will see us top 6 and challenging 4th spot if we have better luck with injuries.

I don't think the poster was being harsh at all.

Hold on haha those replacements there aren’t even that bad.

James get injured it’s Theo Walcott.

The same Theo Walcott who’s probably one of our worst signings in the last 10 years.

I don't think Theo would make the top 20 of our worst signings in the last decade. We have signed some absolute muck in that time, even accounting for his fee and wages. The mind boggles at the amount the club has wasted.

They'll still spend - as I said check their weekly team and they barely ever get injury.

Some call it bed wetting - I call it realistic - we are 3-4 signings away from that which is what I said at the start of the window when I said realistically its going to take 2x summer windows of solid recruitment to mount a serious challenge considering the sheer amount of injury prone players we have / the lack of a quality squad to compensate for it.

If the window was closed I would probably agree that we cant get top 4.

I think our current squad is good enough to mount a top 6 challenge tho and with over 2 weeks of the window left I'm expecting a few more Ins.

Not having had injuries to key players (note the word key) is largely pure luck though.

Who’s to say that luck continues for another full season?

Wolves 2nd string got done at home in midweek by Stoke.

You think wolves will continue to not get injuried? So you think Liverpool will?

or do you think there might be a little mean reversion?

All of the other teams around us will be in Europe. Have only just finished playing competitive footy. They need a huge squad.

I can’t work out whether it’s entitlement or inferiority. But last week we signed James, Allan and Doucoure. We played spurs off the park. Our first team is really good. Those signings have made our squad stronger. We need more players but we are going to sign more players.

we aren’t going to win the league. But we are going to be well better than last year. Just enjoy it.

[QUOTE="brieverton, post: 8106653, Another player or two in would add to the depth and make hopes of top six more realistic as well
[/QUOTE]
They say you build from the back. The RS won the league because of Allison and VVD. To a lesser extent we still need IMO half our defence replacing (RB and centre half) and in a perfect world a new goalkeeper to seriously challenge the European spots.
I think I’ve very much in the minority here, but I’d have Stones and Emerson on loan. Stones is a talent, but has lost his way, we can already see the improvement in Keane under Carlo, I have no doubts he’d make Stones recapture the form, that made city pay 50m for him. Arias is a safe option but Emerson is the one with the higher potential. It will be interesting who Ancelloti gets.

If the window was closed I would probably agree that we cant get top 4.

I think our current squad is good enough to mount a top 6 challenge tho and with over 2 weeks of the window left I'm expecting a few more Ins.

I think we are a bit closer than we give credit for.
The league has concertinaed a bit a top with Wolves, Leicester and ourselves.
Spurs were CL finalists only 16 months ago, and we matched them comfortably on Sunday.
Confidence and fitness will ultimately determine where the club finishes.

You think wolves will continue to not get injuried? So you think Liverpool will?

or do you think there might be a little mean reversion?

All of the other teams around us will be in Europe. Have only just finished playing competitive footy. They need a huge squad.

I can’t work out whether it’s entitlement or inferiority. But last week we signed James, Allan and Doucoure. We played spurs off the park. Our first team is really good. Those signings have made our squad stronger. We need more players but we are going to sign more players.

we aren’t going to win the league. But we are going to be well better than last year. Just enjoy it.

Who's saying im not going to enjoy it?

Im happy with 7th and a good go at the cups - I just think those seriously expecting a push for top 4/6 based off one good result against Spurs are setting themselves up for dissapointment.

I think like this as well. I do hope that there will be an improvement in at least some of the players that don't move on, if we have any hopes of top six we depend on that too.

Sigurdsson and Gomes for example, surely there are more goals in both of them. I'd bet that Sig should get 6-8 goals even spending most of the season from the bench this year and surely Gomes is capable of 5 or 6 as well.

If that happens and James gets into double figures then that's an enormous improvement and we should be at least in the mix for a top six place with 8 games to go. That's what I'm looking for.

Another player or two in would add to the depth and make hopes of top six more realistic as well
They say you build from the back. The RS won the league because of Allison and VVD. To a lesser extent we still need IMO half our defence replacing (RB and centre half) and in a perfect world a new goalkeeper to seriously challenge the European spots.
I think I’ve very much in the minority here, but I’d have Stones and Emerson on loan. Stones is a talent, but has lost his way, we can already see the improvement in Keane under Carlo, I have no doubts he’d make Stones recapture the form, that made city pay 50m for him. Arias is a safe option but Emerson is the one with the higher potential. It will be interesting who Ancelloti gets.

I think we are a bit closer than we give credit for.
The league has concertinaed a bit a top with Wolves, Leicester and ourselves.
Spurs were CL finalists only 16 months ago, and we matched them comfortably on Sunday.
Confidence and fitness will ultimately determine where the club finishes.

With no home and away for most of this season games will be won by the team who wants it more on the day.

Totally agree that injuries will determine our season, but see no reason why we cant beat anybody and we certainly shouldn't fear anybody, as I keep saying, it does not matter what any other team does, it only matters if we show up with our key players in form.

And that goes for any team in the league, any team can beat any team on any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.