Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leon Bailey or Sarr?

to put it into perspective

Bailey - 23 years old - 22 games in budesliga last season - 5 goals

Sarr - 22 years old - 28 games in prem last season - 5 goals (most notably scored 2 goals against liverpool)

Either would be a potentially excellent addition.
If we could shift a few and add a quality right winger we can really be a threat.

I would maybe edge towards Sarr, as he showed he has what it takes to be dangerous in this league. Plus we have done well with Watford players recently.

If we do add another, I hope they are at the younger end of the scale rather than someone else in their late 20's.

Banfield (Rodriguez's former club) would have been due a cut of any fee we paid for James.

Theyre saying he was a free transfer.

So if weve spent £44mil on Doucoure and Allan (not to mention the £1mil for Branthwaite/Nkounkou) then thats actually not a huge breakeven target.

I could see us getting fairly close to that on sales.

Banfield (Rodriguez's former club) would have been due a cut of any fee we paid for James.

Theyre saying he was a free transfer.

So if weve spent £44mil on Doucoure and Allan (not to mention the £1mil for Branthwaite/Nkounkou) then thats actually not a huge breakeven target.

I could see us getting fairly close to that on sales.
How the hell did they manage that? Surely they can only negotiate that kind of deal with the club they sold him to, ie Porto

I have no feelings at all about Under, but that deal for Leicester is exactly what we should be pursuing to find a RB and RW, 2.7m loan fee with a 22m obligation for next year. Change the fee amounts and sub in whichever preferred players (eg Bailey and Dalot). There are deals to be had that push our financial obligation to next year.

Id be very reluctant to do anymore spending ahead of time. Imagine a scenario next summer when another top player becomes available ala James/Allan and we can’t afford them because we’re obligated to buy someone who may well have been a flop.

Much more sensible to scour the loan market and try and move people on. Our first XI is already solid enough to compete for Europe this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.