Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to judge our team's status on one 90 minute performance with absolutely nothing resting on it, against a team fighting for their premiership lives, that's your choice. I have no intention of. Yes it was a poor performance, but that's the extent of it as far as I'm concerned. Everybody knows what our main problem was last year and, in my opinion, we have addressed that in the window. A return to full fitness of both Gomes and Gbamin will make us very strong in that area, amongst the best in the league hopefully if James performs to the standard he is capable of.

The 3 outgoing players you mentioned will not be missed. Two were at the end of their careers and no longer of the required standard, and the third just wasn't good enough. In no way do I consider any of the 3 replacements a downgrade. In fact Nkounkou I am genuinely excited about.

I do agree we 100% need a new right back for our starting XI. Now we have strengthened the midfield it would be my next priority, and whoever it is needs to be quick, athletic and able to get up and down the line all game. I wouldn't be against bringing in a quick centre back of Tomori's standard if the manager thought it was needed, but I'd be equally content to have either Branthwaite or Lewis cover next season.

Well, i could use plenty of examples of our poor defence tbh, as i used the other Bournemouth game too. 9 goals v chelsea and the RS for example, the crumbling at home v Newcastle etc.

Too many excuses being made "it was silva, mina and keane can't play together, it was because we had no midfield, it was pickford's fault". We need better defenders,end of.

Oh, alright...kopite :dodgy:

Sun Tzu - “If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

watching the squad today and thinking about our bench options.... if we can sell Bernard and Walcott then bringing in Hudson Odoi on loan would make some sense.

really hope Gbamin gets healthy as I would far prefer him late in a game to Davies

Today’s match should only help recruitment. Top class manager, top class talent come in, new stadium being planned, and results on the pitch.

We actually have a project to sell. That should translate to better players at more reasonable prices. After all, all three of our signings were less than Ollie Watkins...

Status
Not open for further replies.