Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all. We've spent £60m on three key positions. As most of us have said to date - getting players out is vitally important now.

Are our RB options perfect? No, but enough for the season.

Is our goalkeeper terrible? Yes, but no one is buying him from us.

Could we solve both of the above next summer with top class signings? Yes.

spot on!
We’ve signed the non negotiable requirement that Carlo needed... we can bandaid the RW for a season (Between James, Walcott) but if we sell then I’m sure this will come more into focus. RB can make do and see how Kenny processes (can buy in Jan if disaster) and keeper is really not one they’re having sleepless nights on.. he’s still England #1.

spot on!
We’ve signed the non negotiable requirement that Carlo needed... we can bandaid the RW for a season (Between James, Walcott) but if we sell then I’m sure this will come more into focus. RB can make do and see how Kenny processes (can buy in Jan if disaster) and keeper is really not one they’re having sleepless nights on.. he’s still England #1.

We'd be bonkers so spend another load of money again. Loans are fine, but people are advocating another £60m splurge - it is crazy, and pointless.

We'd be bonkers so spend another load of money again. Loans are fine, but people are advocating another £60m splurge - it is crazy, and pointless.

its addictive this new signing malarkey... but we have to keep our heads now.. not just financially but also with our own player development coming through... this is where Brands has to step up.

The Red Echo are probably right that we are not planning on spending anything other than loan fees from here on in unless we make a massive unplanned sale or Farhad has a deadline day rush of blood again (cannot be completely ruled out, he is very excitable).

CB, RB and another attacking option are reportedly all still in play.

Tomori + 2 others being pursued at CB (Todibo one of the others?).

Arias possible but not advanced at RB. I have heard suggestions that Ancelotti would rather have Sidibe back than Kenny but he'd definitely rather have better than Sidibe.

Attacker really depends on any quality loan opportunities springing open near the end of the window and on whether we've shifted anyone who is currently in our squad (Bolasie being the most obvious but he does not want to move with his wife expecting a baby which is entirely understandable). Bailey and Lozano could be possible high-end opportunism late on loan but I think anything like that will be a happy bonus more than an expected outcome.

they scored 32 last season without a midfield or James
Yep. Aguero and Jesus only got 30. Add in Raheem and it is 50. The gap isn't up top, Richarlison DCL and Kean isn't world class but it is quite good, it is everywhere else. James pops in 10 plus some kind of contribution from Allan/Doucoure/Gomes/Davies and a bit more from the other wingers and we've got plenty of goals.

Getting a top slotter transforms this squad. Means the difference between Europe and also ran. DCL seems a good bloke but I don’t have confidence in him. Potential yes but would love to see a 20-25 goal scorer in there.
Who? This is the real question. I think we've got a better chance of Kean/DCL/Richarlison playing 30 games up top with real creative play and becoming a 20 goal striker than signing one.

they scored 32 last season without a midfield or James

If only life was as simple as that.

DCL may only score 8 goals and we are 7 down automatically

Kean may not improve or turn up late for training and Carlo boots him out in January.

Quite frankly as much as I love a gamble - I hope the club ain't seriously considering improving the midfield massively and gamble on DCL replicating his purple patch and Kean improving on his meaty 2 goal return.

We have Carlo
We have James

Stop accepting / going what we've got and go big for europe / champions league whilst we have this limited window of opportunity.

A top CF alongside Richarlison would completely change our team and frighten the life out of the opposition.

When was the last time you watched Everton KNOWING one of our strikers was near enough guaranteed to score most weeks?

When did you seriously anticipate us putting 3-4 past a team?

Not since Lukaku left sadly 4 years ago!

A new midfield suddenly doesn't make us ruthless it just means less teams can bully us and we may have a few more chances at goal - few more chances means nothing if our strikers aint making the right runs or hitting their chances straight down the keepers throat.

If only life was as simple as that.

DCL may only score 8 goals and we are 7 down automatically

Kean may not improve or turn up late for training and Carlo boots him out in January.

Quite frankly as much as I love a gamble - I hope the club ain't seriously considering improving the midfield massively and gamble on DCL replicating his purple patch and Kean improving on his meaty 2 goal return.

We have Carlo
We have James

Stop accepting / going what we've got and go big for europe / champions league whilst we have this limited window of opportunity.

A top CF alongside Richarlison would completely change our team and frighten the life out of the opposition.

When was the last time you watched Everton KNOWING one of our strikers was near enough guaranteed to score most weeks?

When did you seriously anticipate us putting 3-4 past a team?

Not since Lukaku left sadly 4 years ago!

A new midfield suddenly doesn't make us ruthless it just means less teams can bully us and we may have a few more chances at goal - few more chances means nothing if our strikers aint making the right runs or hitting their chances straight down the keepers throat.
As a reminder the one time Rom scored 20 goals in the league we still finished 7th. It isn't as much of a bridge up the table as people seem to think.

Also Aubameyang won the golden boot for a mid table side last season. Ings was great for Saints and they were also average on the whole. We've done the right thing this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.