Old Everton Pictures

Dave he went in where it hurt v Blackburn in a 2-2 draw -
1599697716772.png

John McGovern.......that's the guy I was trying to think off ages ago.. He was the player that Clough took with him to every club that he managed. If Clough had become our manager then McGovern would have been an Everton player.
But not to be........we were too busy employing those great winning managers of the game...........Bingham and Lee......
Cracking player, Another on my list of those essential but unsung piano pushers...
For maestros to perform somebody has to push the piano in stage - Brazil manager 1970.

Off topic, but you older lads love of Alan Ball...
The Big Match revisited had arsenal QPR and in the studio was the great man and stan Bowles (another great player btw) .
Bowles got upset about Bally winding him up during the game, thought he was his mate.
Bally explained he was and still was but putting players off or gamesmanship was all part of it.
He had a great game also,sold far too early, we know.
To have some of that with this lot.

I wish he played for us - he'd be hard but fair
Fair maybe when he was younger - that tackle on Jimmy Husband was diabolical straight red never even got a yellow - Jimmy through on goal, and he took him out waste height finished him for pace in future games ....sorry, but I was there it was horrendous the ref let him off while jimmy came off on a stretcher it cost us the game as we lost the replay, alright Clouthie saying Leeds were dirty, but his Captain was no better imo...... Maybe at spurs when Mackay had speed he was a very good player, but at Derby he was an animal.......