Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see Zaha pushing for a move here, makes sense. Not sure we've got the funds left to make it happen unless CP are willing to take a couple of players off our hands and a small fee.

I understand your logic, but surely this would undermine the message that Brands and Ancelotti have been keen to promote that there is a passage to the first team for young talented players.
It is important to remember Holgate is not a failing player , quite the opposite in fact. So to supplant him with a player on a season long loan for the sake of expediency would seem to send a discouraging message to those young players currently ,patiently, awaiting their own chance.
Yeah I totally understand what you're saying. I've said a few times, the deal seems like an odd one to me. A permanent deal or loan with a view to permanent I would be very happy with, but just a loan doesn't seem to make sense for us, Chelsea or Tomori unless he's supposed to be playing most weeks. He/Chelsea won't be short of offers to go to places where he will be an automatic pick, so I just don't see why he comes here unless we're saying we want him to play. Theoretically I wouldn't be against him being paired with Holgate, I've made my feelings on Keane (and to a lesser extent Mina) clear before, and that might be what we're planning. I just think it's funny that so many people are convinced it'd be 3 players competing to play next to Holgate. He was good last season but he wasn't that good.

File under tripe?

That’s nonsense that. Same fella says we were after Fosu-Mensah from United a few days ago also said James wouldn’t be announced “until later this week” on the day he was announced.

If Zaha is available for a good price I’d imagine we’d be looking at him. Seen some things that we’re looking at Lozano too.

I think Lozano, Arias and Tomori on loan would top off a fantastic window for us. Also should have options to buy Lozano and Arias in the deals if they do well. With Tomori he’d easily be bought if we wanted him next year as Chelsea will still have Silva another year, Sarr coming back from a loan as well as Ampadu who they highly rate. All in all Tomori would have to have an amazing season here to justify them not selling and if he does well then it benefits all parties. If it’s only good enough then we can buy him and he’d fit straight in. Win win.

I could see Zaha pushing for a move here, makes sense. Not sure we've got the funds left to make it happen unless CP are willing to take a couple of players off our hands and a small fee.

I think he would consider an offer simply because of the Ancelotti factor but I don’t see any concrete links and not sure we could do the deal without selling players first.

I actually don’t mind Tosun. I know that’s unpopular, but he’s a different profile than the other strikers we have. If we’re absolutely dominating a game at home and all the action is in the penalty box he’s arguably got better finishing instincts than any of our other strikers. Obviously away from home against any half decent team he’s completely useless as he has no pace. If we can sell him great, but if we have to keep him I’d rather see him play a part in the squad than just mope around.

His finishing is decent to be fair to him. But the problem is, the rest of his game is bang average and he doesn't do enough to get into those places where he can finish very often. He has always seemed a few yards behind, whether that's a fitness thing or a mental thing, or maybe it's just a lack of real quality. He tries hard, but I just don't think we are a good fit. Sometimes it works that way. He might be half decent somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.