Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm happy with the signing but I'm not getting excited yet, I want to see how we play and how he adjusts to the league first. The same applies to any new signing we make. I watched us play some of the most horrific football I've seen last season and that derby defeat still hangs around me. I have grown to dislike some players we have here and it takes hard work, graft and a serious attitude adjustment for things to turn around. I hope Rodriguez can be the playmaker we have missed for a number of years and the midfield can bring the best out of Gomes once again. I'm just going to see how it goes.
There is a certain amount of trepidation with any new signing. However two things work in James’ favour. He is a world class player and is a playing under a manager who he knows inside out and for whom he played his best football under. I have every confidence in Carlo’s judgement.

How will you lads set up now though, will you play James on the wing, or play him as a number 10 behind Richarlison and DLC. Allan with doucoure and james infront of them 2 looks a mean midfield, on top of that got gomes on the bench too.

Still need to sell most of you're deadwood though - Gylfi, Besic, Delph, ect

He was about as close to that deal being thrashed out as you were.
Our Director of Football didn’t negotiate a players contract, which is among one of a director of footballs most important jobs to allow the manager to focus on managing the team. Yeah, that definitely happened.

People wouldn’t have near the problem with you if you admitted you were wrong, even the odd time. Nobody’s perfect, not you, not Brands not even James despite being very close, I mean just look at him. But Brands thus far has been an outstanding DoF for us aside from a slip here and there such as Iwobi or Delph even.

Silva didn’t negotiate Richy’s deal he just said he wanted him and Brands agreed and did the rest. Carlo didn’t negotiate deals for Allan or James he just said he wanted them and Brands agreed and did the rest. These are facts. Richy wouldn’t be here without Silva and the 2 new boys wouldn’t be here without Carlo but you can’t overstate the importance of Brands in these deals especially with the finances involved in them.

Try to enjoy Everton once in a while, it’ll do you and everyone else a lot of good.

jr.jpg

stories_banking_1-begin-dip.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.