Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say the opposite tbh, it was just stats. He often had very good defensive stats, relating to distance covered and tackles made. All stats that come about because we were poor in possession in the 1st place, which he was at least partly responsible for. Like I say, the fact we managed similar results with a midfield of Sigurdsson & Davies, suggests that his imput, stats aside, was limited.

I watched him often enough to realise that he was little more than an exceptionally hard working player. And often times, his propensity for chasing every ball, led to us being left wide open. The myth that he somehow protected our back 4 has been used again and again, and it simply isn't true. Our defence was often left dangerously exposed, and I said at the time, several times, the combination of him and Gylfi the ghost in a midfield 3, 4 or 5 left us very vulnerable.

It's all a matter of opinions though I guess.

We were better defensively every year with Gueye in the side than we were this year and we finished much lower in the league this year. So we didn't achieve the same results with Sigurdsson and Davies.

He was very one dimensional though, he happened to be really good at that dimension, but limited as an all rounder in my opinion. He was good at what he did. I liked him, but i always think of the two games Vs Newcastle when we were in the lead and they turned it around by over running us in midfield, that and team would often out grock up for sheer power and presence. To be fair though anyone playing with Gomes in a two has to get through some amount of defensive work.

Its why i like the combo of Doucoure and Allan together.

Whilst I don't completely disagree with this opinion. I think it's harsh to call him one dimensional when the thing he was good at was winning lots of tackles and covering lots of ground.

Either way I agree, from what I've seen of Allan and Doucoure I think we'll have a really great balance in midfield. Something we haven't really had since Martinez's first season.

We’re doing some serious business here, I will be the first to admit I underestimated the Ancelotti pull. As if we’re signing Rodriguez though, there’s not a chance he comes here without Ancelotti. Get Romero in on loan and a decent right back and it’s a dream window. Actually getting excited for the new season ................... we all know Rodriguez breaks his leg trying to stop Harry Kane rolling in the fourth on the opening day though... Everton that.

Really shouldnt laugh but this is Everton all over

Weird how neutrals think they know where every team will finish before a ball has been kicked.

I wonder if people would have said Leicester would finish 5th or Sheffield Utd top half.

social media makes me realise just how thick most football fans are when it comes to anything outside of their club.

We’re doing some serious business here, I will be the first to admit I underestimated the Ancelotti pull. As if we’re signing Rodriguez though, there’s not a chance he comes here without Ancelotti. Get Romero in on loan and a decent right back and it’s a dream window. Actually getting excited for the new season ................... we all know Rodriguez breaks his leg trying to stop Harry Kane rolling in the fourth on the opening day though... Everton that.
Romero's going to Villa

Adding Allan, Hamez and Donkeree leaves us with a first-team squad of 35.

GK
Jordan Pickford (HG)
João Virginia
Jonas Lössl

Question marks regarding Pickford and no real pressure, but numbers-wise its ok, we clearly could do with another option here and the sensible option would be then to move Lossl on.

1 GK Out - 1 GK In

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny (HG)

Coleman is sadly not getting any younger and whilst he's a decent option still he's really not the player he was, question marks regarding JJK and you would assume we are looking to strengthen this area.

1 RB Out - 1 RB In

LB
Lucas Digne
Niels Nkounkou

Most media reports suggest we are still looking for a body at back up LB, I suppose Nkounkou needs games rather than bench warming, so be interested in what we do here.

1 LB Out - 1 LB In

CB
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite
Lewis Gibson
Matthew Pennington (HG)

I see no reason Pennington will remain and we could probably do with loaning out Gibson or Branthwaite, both lads will benefit most from playing 90 every week IMO, do we loan both out and get another body in? Watch this space.

2/3 CB Out - 1 CB In?

DM/CM/AM
André Gomes
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
Tom Davies (HG)
Fabian Delph (HG)
Muhamed Bešić
Beni Baningime (HG)
Callum Connolly (HG)

With the 3 new signings all likely to fall into this bracket, maybe Hamez will be a wider, but still, this leaves this area overflowing. Connolly, Beno, Besic and possibly another 2 are surplus, depending on how many and what formation we play in midfield, but very happy with the likely incomings.

4/5 Out - 3 In

Widers
Bernard
Theo Walcott (HG)
Alex Iwobi (HG)
Anthony Gordon
Yannick Bolasie
Josh Bowler (HG)

Bowler, Bolasie and POSSIBLY A.N Other will likely be out the door, again depending on the midfield set up we could possibly do with a younger, more talented Walcott and lets be honest our left-wing options arent amazing either, but Gordon and Iwobi deserve a run under Carlo.

2/3 Out 1 In

ST
Richarlison
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Moise Kean
Cenk Tosun
Sandro Ramírez

Tosun and Sandro, goodbye! Few murmurs regarding Kean, but think he stays.

2 Out 0 In

So for me potentially 13+ Outs to go which would leave us with a squad of 22 and needing a few bodies here and there.

Im going for 15 Outs and 5 Ins before October 5th.

Bookmark, this is for me so I can check in a month.

If only there was a squad analysis thread for this to go in.

can our fans stop saying our players will get serious injury’s please? It’s ridiculous

I'll be fuming if our back up keeper is still Lossl. Blokes the definiton of a bum - Pickford is under no threat whatsoever.

Caballero on loan from Chelsea would be decent if they get a new keeper in.

Status
Not open for further replies.