Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? He played 8 games last year, 40 in 2 seasons at Bayern and most of them as sub, he has lost his pace, was never that fast to begin with. Where is he gonna play, in a midfield 3? Doubtful.

Ask yourself if he was really still a top top player, would he be available.

I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong, but just don't see it.

This transfer is exactly what we don't need right now and is a terrible decision. It reminds me of when we signed Rooney. A player on the decline going into his 30s and on huge wages. This transfer could potentially set everton back years in terms of long term progression.

Allen and doucore are good signings as they would strengthen our weakest area. But rodrigues just isn't the right type we need right now. I really hope there's no substance to this

James is younger than Allan. And he’s four years younger than Rooney was when he came back.

This transfer is exactly what we don't need right now and is a terrible decision. It reminds me of when we signed Rooney. A player on the decline going into his 30s and on huge wages. This transfer could potentially set everton back years in terms of long term progression.

Allen and doucore are good signings as they would strengthen our weakest area. But rodrigues just isn't the right type we need right now. I really hope there's no substance to this
Creative Midfield is not a weak area of ours?

Interesting last line about Carlo "getting his way after being given more control".

Make no mistake, this is an Ancelotti signing if we pull it off. Top end players will play for top end managers.

It may not work instantly but what it will do is help us with pulling power. The better players we have, the more attractive we are for other players, sponsors, corporate and so on.

Hopefully it's a sign we are backing Ancelotti and we'll give him the tools he requests to get us up and running again.

What? He played 8 games last year, 40 in 2 seasons at Bayern and most of them as sub, he has lost his pace, was never that fast to begin with. Where is he gonna play, in a midfield 3? Doubtful.

Ask yourself if he was really still a top top player, would he be available.

I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong, but just don't see it.

I accept your points.

I raise you a Theo Walcott, Tom Davies and Gylfi Sigurdsson.

James is younger than Allan. And he’s four years younger than Rooney was when he came back.

he’s 28, he might have lost a yard of pace but he’s got more class than any player in our team and is nowhere near past it. I’m the first to want pacy players in our team but if we had to carry one without it then I’d much rather we indulged Rodriguez than Sigurdsson.

Interesting last line about Carlo "getting his way after being given more control".

Make no mistake, this is an Ancelotti signing if we pull it off. Top end players will play for top end managers.

It may not work instantly but what it will do is help us with pulling power. The better players we have, the more attractive we are for other players, sponsors, corporate and so on.

Hopefully it's a sign we are backing Ancelotti and we'll give him the tools he requests to get us up and running again.

he’ll want to show his talent in the premier league and be the main player for our team. It might make some of the others around him raise their game too. Richarlison might feel a bit better about life if he is surrounded by Allan and Rodriguez rather than Sigurdsson and Davies.

Status
Not open for further replies.