Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVERTON, WATFORD NOT CLOSE ON DOURCOURE FEE

Sky Sports News reporter Dharmesh Sheth told The Transfer Show:

"Everton remain in talks with Watford over Abdoulaye Doucoure. As it stands, the clubs are some way apart in their valuations.

"Watford value Doucoure at £35m and they are very relaxed with the situation at the moment. Yes, Doucoure wants to leave the now-relegated club, but he’s still got three years remaining on his contract that works in Watford’s favour.

"Another player Everton are interested in is the Napoli midfielder Allan. No agreement on a fee on that one, but the player will travel on Napoli’s pre-season training camp.

"Allan did play under Everton’s head coach Carlo Ancelotti when he was at Napoli so reasons to be cautiously optimistic that Everton might make a few signings in the next couple of weeks."

You would think with the mid season break due to the virus, that Ancelloti (who had been here for 3 months) had told Brands what he needed and who he wanted. It is scandalous that pre-season is back underway and we still haven’t strengthened. It’s all very well saying, well other teams haven’t signed players blah blah blah. But we finished the season getting turned over by a relegated team at home and only just beating the team that finished bottom. Brands should have been more proactive as soon as the window opened to get the players in Carlo needs.

We really are skint aren’t we? Thinking it’ll be Allan and then loans. Bit of a shock, I was expecting us to splash the cash, why sign ayrton senna and make him drive a fiesta?
Maybe we are finally being sensible with money. Toi cant keep throwing large transfer fees and large wages around. We have far too many on big bucks. That needs to stop. I feel as though once we get some.more.high earners gone then we may see more action in the market. We have Sandro and Bolasie back. There is the best part of £1m a month just on them 2 who will provide us the sum total of diddly squat in way of anything on the pitch. I think we have the money to spend. But we have spent it really poorly and until some more wage thieves go, we are stuck a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.