Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

We'd be mad to pay anywhere near £35m for Doucoure.

Let them have him sulk there in the championship.
I can’t see him being that in this market if I’m honest, especially considering the fact Watford will desperately need to reduce their wage bill in the Championship.

I feel 20 would be okay for him - anything more is a bit excessive

Doucoere is a better player than some on here seem to realise.

But, if we leave aside how good or bad he is. He plays the kind of game that we need in midfield and he is substantially better than what we already have.

I hear names being thrown around of players we should sign from foreign leagues where people have no clue whatsoever of how they would perform in the Premiership.

£35m is for Doucoure and Deeney, with Branthwaite going to Watford on loan.

Super Troy likes this post.

6237609.jpg

Doucoere is a better player than some on here seem to realise.

But, if we leave aside how good or bad he is. He plays the kind of game that we need in midfield and he is substantially better than what we already have.

I hear names being thrown around of players we should sign from foreign leagues where people have no clue whatsoever of how they would perform in the Premiership.
So we should get a proven PL player because they always work out just fine. Sigurdsson, Bolasie, Delph, Iwobi, Williams, Schneiderlin. Bona fide bargains the lot of them.

I thought one year ago all our fans would have loved to have Doucoure with us? Yes he may have had a crap season, but we need to remember he's surrounded by trash at Watford, aside from Sarr.

A certain André Gomes has also been crap for us, even pre-injury with one goal and potentially one assist to his name. I'm sure we all think Gomes would be better with better players so if Doucoure comes in to play alongside Gomes and potentially Allan too, I think he'll be a great buy.

Obviously because we're Everton the Allan move will go tets up, Gomes will do his other ankle in and it'll be a whole season of watching Tom Davies trot out with the armband on.

Status
Not open for further replies.