2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the lad has had some mental health problems this season, I think he deserves another crack of the whip.

It's not easy doing anything when your head is in a pickle soup, never mind the pressure of being a footballer. I hope he's recovered well enough because i don't wish depression/anxiety on anyone.

This might sound terrible, footballers of course are humans too, but this profession can’t allow for guys to have these issues long term. They either have to deal with it, or retire. We can’t allow footballers to make excuses for terrible performances, and keep them around raking in millions. We’re not the Red Cross.

Can you define that, how many more inches and kgs would see a marked improvement?

Around David Silvas size would at least help him be an average player who could be worth having in the squad.
obviously he has no one near the ability and midget size so pointless player for us.

This might sound terrible, footballers of course are humans too, but this profession can’t allow for guys to have these issues long term. They either have to deal with it, or retire. We can’t allow footballers to make excuses for terrible performances, and keep them around raking in millions. We’re not the Red Cross.
I don't even know where to start at how ignorant this post is. So I will bow out of this debate. That's a horrendous thing to say.

I don't even know where to start at how ignorant this post is. So I will bow out of this debate. That's a horrendous thing to say.

There is no debate that’s why, I’m pretty sure you know what I’m saying is correct, but you want to pretend to be woke, and caring.

Wake up man this profession is only one of a select few where people have to deal with problems in silence or retire.
Only similar profession I can think of is soldier’s. I’m pretty sure our lads in Arnhem 1944 had mental issues, but they got on with it as they have a job to do.

We can’t let him stay and get another few million out of us because he’s having panic attacks.

There is no debate that’s why, I’m pretty sure you know what I’m saying is correct, but you want to pretend to be woke, and caring.

Wake up man this profession is only one of a select few where people have to deal with problems in silence or retire.
Only similar profession I can think of is soldier’s. I’m pretty sure our lads in Arnhem 1944 had mental issues, but they got on with it as they have a job to do.

We can’t let him stay and get another few million out of us because he’s having panic attacks.
So showing empathy for someone with mental health issues is now ‘woke’?

Your entire premise seems to be based around his income and privileged position as a footballer, as if that somehow precludes him from any empathy. Shoe horning in a war reference is a nice touch.

No mate, he is just saying about smaller players, he doesn't say smaller than Bernard at all, you've taken it out of context. pretty sure the guy knws what he wrote like.
It's a discussion about Bernard, using the word smaller when discussing someone implies that you're talking about said person

No debate to be had. lad has mental health issues, if he'd broke his leg you would give him time to recover yes? Such ignorance in one post it's disturbing and it's people like you that attach a stigma to mental health that stops people seeking help. Now you are comparing them to WW2 soldiers, WTAF man, get a grip.

With - hopefully - two infinitely superior central midfielders alongside him from this time next month, this is his chance to demonstrate what he has to offer. Otherwise he is drinking in the last chance saloon in my view. He needs to deliver 3-4 goals and a few assists from the position he was signed for by christmas. If not, he could well find himself moved on next summer, if not January.

Your entire premise seems to be based around his income and privileged position as a footballer, as if that somehow precludes him from any empathy. Shoe horning in a war reference is a nice touch.
No debate to be had. lad has mental health issues, if he'd broke his leg you would give him time to recover yes? Such ignorance in one post it's disturbing and it's people like you that attach a stigma to mental health that stops people seeking help. Now you are comparing them to WW2 soldiers, WTAF man, get a grip.

Both beat me to it.

Have a go at his height, his final ball, his work rate, but I suggest folk having a pop down to a players mental health is bang out of order.

You can very much have empathy with him as a person, but from a football perspective I see guys with mental health issues. Lennon, Gomes, Keane, and now Bernard coming out publicly saying they’ve had issues is VERY alarming. It’s a partly a reason why we’re pretty rubbish.

If he broke his leg, I’d want him gone because he’s rubbish, he’s having panic attacks doesn’t excuse fact that he’s rubbish.

I think that’s where we differ, your original post wants to give him another shot due to fact he’s not feeling to well, this is unfortunate but I’ve seen enough to judge him.

Status
Not open for further replies.