Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question for the financially on the ball - if we spend £50m on Allan and Doucoure, with regards to FFP, we have to sell don’t we? I thought we were very close to breaching last season?

I think we would be okay this season mate as they put some kind of delay on it.

But next season we'll be selling a Richarlison in all probability.

Unless we win the league, fa Cup and league Cup which I'm not discounting at this stage of the season as we are still level on points with the rs and City and for all of Chelseas good signings we haven't let them get away from us and we are still level with them too. Though we are just as close to the relegation spots as the CL spots I'm fairly confident.

Unless we win the league, fa Cup and league Cup which I'm not discounting at this stage of the season as we are still level on points with the rs and City and for all of Chelseas good signings we haven't let them get away from us and we are still level with them too. Though we are just as close to the relegation spots as the CL spots I'm fairly confident.

Need to change our name to Aaverton.

You're correct but if we get a big sponsorship for the new stadium this will cover the FFP problems, and as uncle ussie has paid £30m for first dibs on a naming rights deal then it could easily be big enough to cover any FFP infractions and may leave us not needing to sell. Obviously if we're as poor as we were this season Richarlison is likely to be off anyway for big money.

Been watching 50 years mate, not 30.

And yes, generally over the last 30 years we have been pretty crap. But every now and then we get some good moments. I prefer to remember those and not get myself depressed.

Haha! Fair play. Good rule to live by. As you can probably tell I'm of the negative persuasion lol

You're correct but if we get a big sponsorship for the new stadium this will cover the FFP problems, and as uncle ussie has paid £30m for first dibs on a naming rights deal then it could easily be big enough to cover any FFP infractions and may leave us not needing to sell. Obviously if we're as poor as we were this season Richarlison is likely to be off anyway for big money.

I think we have 3 players for starters who we'd get decent money for if required

Holgate
Digne
Richarlison

And if we are required to recoup x amoint this summer, apart from shifting out a few on loan and saving mega bucks on wages, I think we can get 20m for either Keane or Mina, a few mill for Bernard or the likes of Davies, Tosun

I’m with you on Rooney’s second half v man utd. Remember that performance. Absolute quality.
But when you mention clubs bidding for players as a representation of their quality holds some argument but not a lot if they ultimately fail at that club. He’s at an age now where he should have kicked on, improved and be in demand. Instead, he’s being sold by a team who are desperate for defensive improvements. Hindsight’s easy, but we get that benefit. Chelsea and man city years ago didn’t. And they’ve been proved wrong. I don’t get your pointer?
Capped by England? Do you really want me to list a load of other names, or just point to the fact that England are a poor international team?
Ha ha. I'm sorry I got into this conversation.

I'm not commenting on Stones' ability now or whether we should buy him or loan him.

Another poster said he was crap when he was at Everton. I didn't think he was and I said so. That's it basically.

I think we have 3 players for starters who we'd get decent money for if required

Holgate
Digne
Richarlison

And if we are required to recoup x amoint this summer, apart from shifting out a few on loan and saving mega bucks on wages, I think we can get 20m for either Keane or Mina, a few mill for Bernard or the likes of Davies, Tosun

we ain’t selling them 3 the latter Yearh

we won’t be ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.