Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my prediction for next season and I genuinely believe it will happen. Everton struggle bottom half for the half of the season. Ancelotti sacked in December. Everton appoint Ferguson on temp basis. Then narrowly avoid relegation. This will likely get negative responses but i believe the scenario is likely.

We should have got Moyes back when we could. West ham will be much more likely to have a successful season next year than us based on that hes there. I just don't see a fairytale ending to this Ancelotti saga I'm afraid

You what ? Some people!!

This is my prediction for next season and I genuinely believe it will happen. Everton struggle bottom half for the half of the season. Ancelotti sacked in December. Everton appoint Ferguson on temp basis. Then narrowly avoid relegation. This will likely get negative responses but i believe the scenario is likely.

We should have got Moyes back when we could. West ham will be much more likely to have a successful season next year than us based on that hes there. I just don't see a fairytale ending to this Ancelotti saga I'm afraid

Zzzz kopites are so obvious

Loans can be pretty disastrous though.
They can end up in the clutches of some anti-diluvian clogger who toughens them up but halts their development.
If he is with our first team, he will play some games this year. He will also learn from Ancelotti.
Yeah i'm not sure they'll want him going out on loan, mainly because they'll want him to learn how things work at the club, settle in the area etc I would have thought. If Ancelotti thinks he's ready to be part of the squad I wouldn't be arguing with him, I just think some fans have been a bit quick to decide he's already good enough to be playing games. People said the same about Pennington, Baningime etc after a couple of games, and look where they are now. Again, i'm not suggesting he's not good enough, just that none of us have seen enough to really have an idea how far along the road he is.

Why do you think that? What has given you that impression?

Have you not seen the statistical change since he's come in?

Yeah i'm not sure they'll want him going out on loan, mainly because they'll want him to learn how things work at the club, settle in the area etc I would have thought. If Ancelotti thinks he's ready to be part of the squad I wouldn't be arguing with him, I just think some fans have been a bit quick to decide he's already good enough to be playing games. People said the same about Pennington, Baningime etc after a couple of games, and look where they are now. Again, i'm not suggesting he's not good enough, just that not of us have seen enough to really have an idea how far along the road he is.
It will be governed by finances, which I suspect are tight. We need a lot of outgoing players to free up space in the squad. We still have a ridiculous amount of first team players.

You think firmino will manage to score a goal at Anfield for yous this season mate?

Yeah I agree on Branthwaite. Said that at the time people seemed to be getting a bit carried away after 2 good performances or whatever it was. I was arguing then that we should be sending him out on loan next season for the extra game time. But that would mean we have to bring in a 4th CB. So I'm still a bit undecided on it tbh

....I have no idea why folk want to send our best young players on loan. There’s an assumption that they will be outstanding and everybody at the club loves them, but the reality is we have no idea how they will perform. Points are precious, one mistake could result in a dropping and loss of confidence.

We don’t know what he’ll be told under the tutorship of other coaches. We don’t know what habits he picks up from new teammates.

Branthwaite is young and has just had one major move. He doesn’t need another change. He looks a lad full of promise, the last thing we want is for him to be ruined at this crucial stage in his development.

He wasnt "that" bad. I want defenders to defend but I also want them to be expressive where possible. Stopovers and Cruyff turns in the box were a bit much though.

Our defence was awful that season and he was a major part of it. We finished 11th on 40 odd points with a 25 goal a season striker in the team.

....I have no idea why folk want to send our best young players on loan. There’s an assumption that they will be outstanding and everybody at the club loves them, but the reality is we have no idea how they will perform. Points are precious, one mistake could result in a dropping and loss of confidence.

We don’t know what he’ll be told under the tutorship of other coaches. We don’t know what habits he picks up from new teammates.

Branthwaite is young and has just had one major move. He doesn’t need another change. He looks a lad full of promise, the last thing we want is for him to be ruined at this crucial stage in his development.

If we had signed Gabriel then i think he'd be ideal as the backup/rotation left sided centre back.

As it is, aside from Holgate the other two arent anywhere as good on the left so he may well still be an option there if Holgate is out.

Im hoping he can develop very quickly this season and take Keanes mantle as '3rd choice'.

People for get how bad he was for us in his last season. Everyone was made up when we sold him.

Cruyff turns in the box, bottling tackles and mistake after mistake after mistake. The lad was terrible in his last season.
The second half in the Man U semi final John Stones produced the best 45 minutes I've seen from an Everton player in the last 30 years.

He was inspiring and showed what he had in his locker

I don't know what's happened to him at City and I'm not sure I want him back as these things rarely work out well

I think we all of us have selective memories and I select to remember the good times

Status
Not open for further replies.