Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hoping Carlo gets the players HE feels will make us competitive, it's hard to see any signing making us any worse though. Looking forward to seeing Allan and A.N Other in the middle.

I think any player with half a brain and is seen as up and coming would not commit to us unless they sound out what other options are availible to them.
Its why we dont necesarilly get the players in as soon as the transfer window opens.
Its abit of a cat/mouse game, seeing who bigger, more attractive clubs are looking at and then picking up the scraps once the others have picked and approached there targets

Obviously anyone with half a brain checks other offers on the table lol

Everton are an ideal team for prospects, just need to look at the number of u23s getting games.

Plus the manager.

All done for Allan's move to Everton by Ancelotti. Today's edition of Tuttosport reveals the figures of the Brazilian midfielder's imminent move to the Premier League: "As far as Allan is concerned, the Liverpool club's offer of 27 million pounds (plus bonuses) has been accepted to hand Ancelotti the midfielder he had enjoyed at Napoli and whom he considers indispensable for his team next season. To the 30 million euros (about) for the sale of Allan - explains the newspaper - it will be necessary to add the 70 for Koulibaly".

Brands midfield signings if he joined;

Allan: £27mil (plus clauses)
Iwobi: £27mil (plus clauses)
Gbamin: £23mil
Gomes: £22mil
Delph: £9mil
Bernard: £Free

Gbamin
Allan Gomes
Iwobi
Delph Sub
Bernard Sub

Total = £108mil

How much would we get back from that lol

Gbamin
Allan Gomes
Iwobi
Delph Sub
Bernard Sub

Total = £108mil

Why do we need to get anything back? We want trophies and Europe don’t we not sell on profits.

Gbamin
Allan Gomes
Iwobi
Delph Sub
Bernard Sub

Total = £108mil

The only one I really struggle with out of that lot is Iwobi, just because he always looked lacking something whenever I saw him. Do remember him looking dangerous at goodison when subbed on in the last Arsenal game before he signed though.
Even Delph made sense at the time, but has of course been underwhelming at best

We need more outgoings.
There are still lots Of players to move on.
Sandro, Bolasie, Delph, Davies, Besic etc. They need to go off the wages.
As well as incomings, I want to see som more movement here.

Bit off topic and in dutch but thought funny to share: Deulofeu saying he learned nothing from Koeman in six months period lol. Bring a blue home

Gbamin
Allan Gomes
Iwobi
Delph Sub
Bernard Sub

Total = £108mil

The thing is, it’s not about getting money back from every signing is it? There are loads with no resale value but how much would we make back from players like richarlison, digne and Branthwaite? Plus the players that come through the academy and are sold. Plus the likes of Holgate and DCL who have been given the opportunity to progress. Even Tom Davies looks like he’s going to bring in 12m. And JJK 15 or so.

I think people need to think about the broader picture sometimes.

not every player needs to have a resale value. a decent academy with a philosophy of actually bringing players into the first team is where you make the money from FFP perspective.

That being said there have been some shockers. I think there have been too many chefs since Moshiri took over. And we’ve tried too many times buy the next best thing when our primary target wasn’t available. I think we need to be more restrained on that front then go without until the right player comes in. Iwobi being a classic example. If we don’t get Zaha then go without and focus on another position (like right back).

Sometimes you need to sign players that you know aren’t going to have resale value.

I really don't like all this 'but sell on fees'; at the end of the day we are a football club and we want to win things, winning things brings extra finance and then you don't need to keep selling your best assets. I want to compete, age doesn't matter, sell on fees don't matter.

Quality of the player is what matters in my opinion and we haven't been buying sufficient quality which is why we have gone backwards.

I also think that Brands having to almost try and overhaul the squad a lot quicker than he probably would've liked hasn't helped. 7 or 8 signings each summer has impacted us while players gel but then we have a lot of deadwood and behind the scenes they won't be happy. we are in a bit of a pickle.

Status
Not open for further replies.