Confirmed Signing Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last season he was poor with two assists, but previous two seasons to that was 6 and four, plus a decent return on goals. More than any of our current CM options. He seems to offer a bit more than just DM? I can see us considering both him and Allan

That was our problem in the season gone by.

We were decent in the attacking end, allowing for a static midfield and Carlo managed to tighten up our defence a lot as the season progressed but midfield was an area where nothing seemed to work.
Not really. We conceded 27 goals in the 15 games Silva managed, with 3 clean sheets, and 23 in the last 15 games under Ancelotti, also with 3 clean sheets. The defence didn't really improve at all.

Doucoure is very good at pressing and recoveries. I've not really been too bothered by that because we don't press and we still need a ball winner to take advantage of his pressing on the occasions we do which we currently are missing. If he's playing in our current system he needs to win tackles and crucially make interceptions to shield the backline properly and this area he isn't nearly as strong imo.
Perhaps we're aiming to play a little further up the field and be a more positive side than what we were showing (particularly after the restart).

Would you prefer someone who sits back more and wins challenges just in front of our defence or someone who puts less challenges in but is more adept at winning possesion higher up the pitch? It is probably the former that would make more sense with how we lined up under Ancelotti to be fair. Bissouma/Sangare/Kondogbia would be players that make more sense for that role.

Perhaps we're aiming to play a little further up the field and be a more positive side than what we were showing (particularly after the restart).

Would you prefer someone who sits back more and wins challenges just in front of our defence or someone who puts less challenges in but is more adept at winning possesion higher up the pitch? It is probably the former that would make more sense with how we lined up under Ancelotti to be fair. Bissouma and Kondogbia would be players I'd be looking at for that role.
If we aren't going to play 4-4-2 I'd be more enthused. I can see him as a decent box to box player in a 4-3-3 but that's still not worthwhile as a transfer I don't think.

Just flicking through the Watford forum. Most there fans think he will be missed and that he down tooled because he didn’t get his move to us last season. But they really do hate us haha, they say 25 million is a good price but he will probably end up playing like a 50 million pound player at Everton hahaha. That one made me laugh.

Look at those ratings when his team is fighting for their life.

View attachment 97891

Look at his stats for games played...

After starting 36 league games + 1 sub hes far and away there most frequent player.

Poor bloke must have been shattered carrying that team.

Just flicking through the Watford forum. Most there fans think he will be missed and that he down tooled because he didn’t get his move to us last season. But they really do hate us haha, they say 25 million is a good price but he will probably end up playing like a 50 million pound player at Everton hahaha. That one made me laugh.

Looks like he had a dip last season but different managers again...tactics and had bids in from PSG and us in 2019.

I quite like him when i see him.

Look at his stats for games played...

After starting 36 league games + 1 sub hes far and away there most frequent player.

Poor bloke must have been shattered carrying that team.

Looks like he had a dip last season but different managers again...tactics and had bids in from PSG and us in 2019.

I quite like him when i see him.
Yeah he gets forward with pace and power, and his energy levels is something we have missed since gana left.

He’s quite rangy, not as strong as you’d expect for a lad his size and isn’t particularly aggressive either. He’s decent on the ball and can pop up with a goal. Tactically speaking I don’t think he’s aware enough to play as a defensive midfielder or clever enough to play more creatively. He’s what I’d call a box-to-box midfielder, just not a great one. Maybe that’s the level we’re at?

Status
Not open for further replies.