Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gianluca Di Marzio ( who ever he is ) said to SSN : "Carlo Ancelotti wants new players for Everton. Not only Allan from Napoli but also Doucoure from Watford and also the Roma winger Alessandro Florenzi, who was on loan at Valencia last year. These are two targets of Ancelotti. "

Apart from the fact that Gianluca can't count are there any Italian football experts who can give a lowdown on this ITK and the Roma winger he mentions ?

Di Marzio is very hit and miss.

Florenzi plays on the right – used to play in the middle a fair bit – either as a winger or a full-back, where he played for most of the last few years.

He was very consistent 2-3 years ago; Roma's captain. Believe he suffered an injury season before last, then went out to Valencia in January. Obviously covid hit and that wouldn't have helped, and Valencia are a mess, but he wasn't exactly great.

He's 29. Would be a weird one.

Gianluca Di Marzio ( who ever he is ) said to SSN : "Carlo Ancelotti wants new players for Everton. Not only Allan from Napoli but also Doucoure from Watford and also the Roma winger Alessandro Florenzi, who was on loan at Valencia last year. These are two targets of Ancelotti. "

Apart from the fact that Gianluca can't count are there any Italian football experts who can give a lowdown on this ITK and the Roma winger he mentions ?

He can count, he just knows already that the Allan/Doucoure partnership is so formidable that it’s basically two hearts beating as one. Not two players, but one, unstoppable machine.

Ridiculous exercise as illustrated below, but our starting line up assuming we land the three we have been linked with (Allan, Doucoure and Florenzi). Immediately our front six looks immeasurably stronger than what we dished out post lockdown.

Pickford
Coleman Mina Holgate Digne
Allan Gomes Doucoure
Kean DCL Richarlison

Stekelenberg, Keane, Gbamin, Delph, Florenzi, Walcott, Gordon

(Delph could cover LB/CM, Florenzi could cover RB/CM/RW, Walcott RW, Gordon LM/LW)

That would leave Branthwaite, Iwobi, Davies, Siggurdsson, Bernard, LB cover, Kenny/RB cover out of the team/surplus to requirements.

Ridiculous exercise as illustrated below, but our starting line up assuming we land the three we have been linked with (Allan, Doucoure and Florenzi). Immediately our front six looks immeasurably stronger than what we dished out post lockdown.

Pickford
Allan Gomes Doucoure
Kean DCL Richarlison

(Delph could cover LB/CM, Florenzi could cover RB/CM/RW, Walcott RW, Gordon LM/LW)

That would leave Branthwaite, Iwobi, Davies, Siggurdsson, Bernard, LB cover, Kenny/RB cover out of the team/surplus to requirements.
Do you think that Ajax will loan Stekelenberg back to us ?

Pickford
Allan Gomes Doucoure
Kean DCL Richarlison

I like the look of that, I'd switch Richarlison and Kean and Stek is gone. I might give Keane a start ahead of Mina based on his end of season form.

...Doucoure has the athleticism we really need in central areas but I’ve always questioned his quality in possession of the ball. He’s unlikely to make things happen, but I suppose his inclusion makes it easier for other players to make it happen.

At the moment, once the opposition are beyond our central midfield we have no powers of recovery and the back four is exposed. if the Doucoure link is true, he will help that cause.
He does add goals though Eggs. 16 in 3 seasons from a withdrawn CM position, with no penalties included, is a very decent return.

The echo now saying we are interested in Allan and Doucoure

Ahead of the curve as ever
They also said we’re no longer after Gabriel and the French media have just said we’ve reached agreement with Lille lol

Although I take the Gabriel chat with a pinch of salt.

Pickford
Allan Gomes Doucoure
Kean DCL Richarlison

Stekelenberg?, Keane, Gbamin, Delph, Florenzi, Walcott, Gordon

I would bin Pickford and buy a proper keeper.

Who the hell are these pair lad?
I don’t recall them being announced.

Nkounkou is the French left back we got from Marseille.

Kristiansen is a Danish centre back, I think he was with us last season actually but we have signed him full time.

Both youth team players of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.