New Everton Stadium Discussion

I'd be quite happy for him to banned off the stadium thread he just ruins it and like others I've got him on ignore but it does spoil the flow. I'm not sure what perverse sexual gratification he gets from being a kn0b but is must be something. I've stopped posting and barely read it anymore.
Someone once had a go at me for slagging him off and said he was a valued member but I don't get that at all.
Just like you he is entitled to post but yes I wonder why if the club is so committed to the project he is so down on it .
A bit like having the best partner and waiting for it to fail -enjoy it whilst you can.

...perhaps even more reason why this will happen. The Government is desperate for large scale building projects that support employment and help kick start the economy.
You Make a good point, the government does want large scale constuction projects, but it remains to be seen whether what they how the actually support these projects.

When normal everyday people are having a hard time is exactly when the rich become richer .Don't think that Mr Moshiri will not tighten the screws over contracts knowing that the contractors need the work .
You couldn't be more right, it was always thus and it will ever be!

All I can say is that when the last recession hit the effect was immediate for my industry , nearly all sites were mothballed virtually overnight, It was truly desperate.
This time the opposite is true and we remain exceptionally busy with new projects arriving continually.
As I have already mentioned if the money wasn’t already in place for our stadium the people who I know are committing their workforce to it would not be doing so.
This is especially true as there is no shortage of alternative projects to commit to and there is little need to gamble on a build that may be seen as dubious.
Good points, but this recession might be a little different to those previous.

I might be wrong here and will immediately hold my hands up if I am, has the club or any high ranking exec within made a statement along the lines: "The stadium build will go ahead regardless of prevailing economic conditions".

If the club has made the statement then your optimism for the build is correct and my pessimism is wrong.

Has there been such a statement? I might have missed it, but find it strange that after six months of this pandemic and its effects, the club has not seeked to reassure the fans while knowing the importance of this stadium build, if it had the money to build it.

I suspect they're waiting for the economic effects of this pandemic to bottom out and this this will take some time, more than weeks or months.

The build plans will probably pass muster with local authority and government, but I expect the build to be delayed shortly after approval of planning. The foundation on which the premiership exists, TV money and what they'll pay next time around is uncertain. This uncertainty is the general norm now.

I'm a realist and stand by my pessimism.

I might be wrong here and will immediately hold my hands up if I am, has the club or any high ranking exec within made a statement along the lines: "The stadium build will go ahead regardless of prevailing economic conditions".

If the club has made the statement then your optimism for the build is correct and my pessimism is wrong.

Has there been such a statement? I might have missed it, but find it strange that after six months of this pandemic and its effects, the club has not seeked to reassure the fans while knowing the importance of this stadium build, if it had the money to build it.

I suspect they're waiting for the economic effects of this pandemic to bottom out and this this will take some time, more than weeks or months.

The build plans will probably pass muster with local authority and government, but I expect the build to be delayed shortly after approval of planning. The foundation on which the premiership exists, TV money and what they'll pay next time around is uncertain. This uncertainty is the general norm now.

Something like this maybe?

Just for the record I'm in construction and it is slowly bouncing back, more construction projects will really help the economy yes but has to being squeezed on price no, what will happen is more youngsters will get apprenticeships on projects like ours which bares well on the future ,were other industries are suffering construction could be the country's saviour . Bramley more project could lead the way in this and the local council and government will be on board .

@davek ? Absolutely. Yeah, he holds strong opinions, and isnt afraid to voice them.

Taken his medicine when he has over stepped the mark, and never moaned about it.
He is what he is.
He's just Dave ain't he.
20200814_224116.jpg

There's far too much work been done already on the routes approaching the site for this to not go ahead. Far too many deep pockets looking to be filled for it not to now.

Soon...

That's it were always waiting for something to go wrong ,pessimism no this is happening mate believe it or not were getting a new stadium its going to happen get ready to pick your seat :dance: