Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southampton have signed Ghanaian centre-back Mohammed Salisu from Real Valladolid for a fee of £10.9m.
The highly-rated 21-year-old, who made 32 appearances for the Spanish side last term, has signed a four-year deal.

Other clubs quietly getting on with business whilst Brands sits there with his thumb up his arse pondering a bid for Phil Jones.
Southampton have also lost their captain to Spurs and they had Walker Peters in their team last year, so they are possibly weaker than they were.

Thing is we want to be fighting against these clubs for Europe, let's not forget Southampton finished above us & Hojbjerg was our first choice who didn't come here

Just frustrating seeing other clubs we should be battling making good signings
I haven't been paying all that much attention to our transfer dealings/rumours, or lack of, but how do we know Hojbjerg was our first choice ?

I haven't been paying all that much attention to our transfer dealings/rumours, or lack of, but how do we know Hojbjerg was our first choice ?
Reports leading up to the summer saying we want to sign him, reports of Brands being annoyed our top targets available & the way Carlo talked about him in a pre match conference, who would of just flat out denied it, just my opinion

This is going to be very football manger-ish, but I watch a decent amount of Ligue 1 & Serie A, the following players are people we should and look to bring in, not including Gabriel & Allan as they are expensive, most of the following would be pretty cheap, Nothing from the Prem either if we are on a budget

Goalkeeper;

Sirigu - Easy, said this many times, brilliant Keeper, wouls start ahead of Pickford and teach him afew things if he stays, worked with Carlo, is 33 so afew years ahead of him & club want rid due to politics - €10 absolute maximum, we would get him for less

Jesse Joronen - plays for a club who just went down, only watched him 3 times in Serie A but he was brilliant each time & consistently being praised by team mates, come from Fulham academy so would be HG - their is competion in Italy to sign him for a rumoured €6mil

RightBack;

Malcuit - Read above basically, he was signed at Napoli when Ancelotti was in charge, is 29 now but available on loan, very fast, very good at tackling and picking his team mates out with passes - Loan whilst we see what to do with Kenny

Midfield;

Santamaria - not sure if we have been linked, but his positioning is amazing, pretty good engine, in general his defensive positioning is brilliant, usually organises their defensive shape if opposition have a set piece which is something he don't really have, an organiser - not sure about the price but French teams have been hit hard by Covid we could get him cheap enough

Fulgini - plays with Santamaria, very underrated and a future star, he's a very good dribbler and moves play to the pitch fast, powerful guy that is solid defensively - as above not sure, for me he is a must sign, wouldn't be suprised if he joins a team like Sevilla and is quoted at £50mil next summer - is out of contract next year, we could get him for €10mil

Sangare - a player everyone raves about but no one has watched, he has been pretty bad this year, for a defensive midfielder he plays some pretty outrageous passes, most of which this season hasn't worked out for the team, he's clumsy with the ball sometimes but he's a big physical lad and still young - talks of him being available for €12mil but their is a reason no one has gone in for him

Rightwing;

Raphinha - He's a superstar, excels at everything attacking and tracks back well, very good at picking players out that are in free space would need time to adapt but would be amazing - he's a club record signing and the most expensive on the list but would be worth every penny

Their are other players we could go for like Matty Cash or Maouassa but the above are realistic, cheap enough for our 'lack' of budget, would start for us & would do well in the Prem

That bloke at Vallodolid was highly rated and a smart purchase. You would have thought that with
Kean playing well, Holgate improving, Mina a strong player plus Briathwaite a big prospect
an inexpensive purchase at centre-half would have been just what the doctor ordered.

Plus that young Spurs fullback who played so well against EFC recently for Soton was another clever
low-cost purchase.

But then again I never signed Walcott or Tosun so what do I know?

This is going to be very football manger-ish, but I watch a decent amount of Ligue 1 & Serie A, the following players are people we should and look to bring in, not including Gabriel & Allan as they are expensive, most of the following would be pretty cheap, Nothing from the Prem either if we are on a budget

Goalkeeper;

Sirigu - Easy, said this many times, brilliant Keeper, wouls start ahead of Pickford and teach him afew things if he stays, worked with Carlo, is 33 so afew years ahead of him & club want rid due to politics - €10 absolute maximum, we would get him for less

Jesse Joronen - plays for a club who just went down, only watched him 3 times in Serie A but he was brilliant each time & consistently being praised by team mates, come from Fulham academy so would be HG - their is competion in Italy to sign him for a rumoured €6mil

RightBack;

Malcuit - Read above basically, he was signed at Napoli when Ancelotti was in charge, is 29 now but available on loan, very fast, very good at tackling and picking his team mates out with passes - Loan whilst we see what to do with Kenny

Midfield;

Santamaria - not sure if we have been linked, but his positioning is amazing, pretty good engine, in general his defensive positioning is brilliant, usually organises their defensive shape if opposition have a set piece which is something he don't really have, an organiser - not sure about the price but French teams have been hit hard by Covid we could get him cheap enough

Fulgini - plays with Santamaria, very underrated and a future star, he's a very good dribbler and moves play to the pitch fast, powerful guy that is solid defensively - as above not sure, for me he is a must sign, wouldn't be suprised if he joins a team like Sevilla and is quoted at £50mil next summer - is out of contract next year, we could get him for €10mil

Sangare - a player everyone raves about but no one has watched, he has been pretty bad this year, for a defensive midfielder he plays some pretty outrageous passes, most of which this season hasn't worked out for the team, he's clumsy with the ball sometimes but he's a big physical lad and still young - talks of him being available for €12mil but their is a reason no one has gone in for him

Rightwing;

Raphinha - He's a superstar, excels at everything attacking and tracks back well, very good at picking players out that are in free space would need time to adapt but would be amazing - he's a club record signing and the most expensive on the list but would be worth every penny

Their are other players we could go for like Matty Cash or Maouassa but the above are realistic, cheap enough for our 'lack' of budget, would start for us & would do well in the Prem
Some good suggestions in there. Not sure about Santamaria only because I don't see much room for him to get better and he's kind of a squad player as is. I'd shoot higher with someone like Sangare myself. Raphinha I'm not sure. There are things to like but I just don't know if he's really going to come in and light up the PL. You've probably seen more than me though.

Some good suggestions in there. Not sure about Santamaria only because I don't see much room for him to get better and he's kind of a squad player as is. I'd shoot higher with someone like Sangare myself. Raphinha I'm not sure. There are things to like but I just don't know if he's really going to come in and light up the PL. You've probably seen more than me though.
Sangare is a talent but him shielding our defence would be a nightmare in my opinion he takes way to many risks, we need a vocal player, someone that can organise a defence and has great tackling & amazing defensive positioning, that's why I'd pick Santamaria over Sangare, to be fair we need more than one midfielder, cheap enough why not get both, Raphinha is a tough one but he would be a star here imo, he's used to players roughing him up

All the suggestions are the types of players I thought we'd see more of with Brands

Goalkeeper;

RightBack;

Midfield;

Rightwing;

I'll be honest and say I haven't heard of any of those players, but since Ancelotti has coached in both Italy and France, I would imagine he is aware of all of them and would probably try and sign any he thought could improve our team

How does that stack up against the top 6? I’m sure Spurs are probably around there but the rest I imagine average over 100k
If you have your first choice 11 players on an average £100k, your 7 subs on an average £80k then your 5 squad players on an average £50k it puts you on £99.3m wages budget for the year. For a club like Everton at this current time, I think that probably looks about right but if we want to be pushing for regular top 6 and European football then those numbers are only going to increase.

I think this may be why Moshiri said we will pay higher fees but lower wages going forward. Kean is on £50k a week and of course Branthwaite and Gordon wont be on huge numbers...

£100mil seems decent and with europe one or two additions.

Goalkeeper;

RightBack;

Midfield;

Rightwing;

Sangare is a talent but him shielding our defence would be a nightmare in my opinion he takes way to many risks, we need a vocal player, someone that can organise a defence and has great tackling & amazing defensive positioning, that's why I'd pick Santamaria over Sangare, to be fair we need more than one midfielder, cheap enough why not get both, Raphinha is a tough one but he would be a star here imo, he's used to players roughing him up

All the suggestions are the types of players I thought we'd see more of with Brands

Raphinha at Rennes?

If you think about wastage, thats players we could sell or give away and we wouldn't miss :

Pennington, Connolly, Baingime, Bolaise, Bowler, Besic, Tosun, Ramirez, reckons there's about 12m.

With the sales already made, around about 18m that means 30m saved, I mean clearly some of those names above are unsellable.

Then there's the high earners Bernie, Walcott, Iceland reckon there's another 19m there, but the problem is those 3 would need replacing, clearly we could replace them with players on cheaper wages, but other than Bernie I doubt you get enough to buy the replacements.

So its doable, the problem is that if you offer "small" wages every club in the league can out bid you.

Sadly the only thing we currently have going for us is that we pay good wages and even then we are struggling to convince people to join cos the "bigger clubs" can dwarf anything we offer, if we start cutting wages then the "smaller clubs" will then start doing it as well.

But to go back to wastage, it doesn't really matter if we pay players 100k+, as long as they don't perform like a 5k a week player.

The Echo know sod all.

Everyone knows we need to sell players to lower the wage bill.

The problem is Brands pished over £100 million up the wall last summer.

Spaghetti legged Gbamin
Crock Delph
Headless chicken Iwobi
Moise 2 goals a season Kean

I just want 5 minutes alone with that kin Dutch fraud.

What are you going to do, burn your bra?

Pull your head in mate and change your sheets, it’s still early days in the window

Status
Not open for further replies.