Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southampton have signed Ghanaian centre-back Mohammed Salisu from Real Valladolid for a fee of £10.9m.
The highly-rated 21-year-old, who made 32 appearances for the Spanish side last term, has signed a four-year deal.

Other clubs quietly getting on with business whilst Brands sits there with his thumb up his arse pondering a bid for Phil Jones.

Soton bought him because they sold someone. If we sold someone, we'd bring in a new player too.

Well we don't start for a month mate. Yes we do need time to 'bed players in' - but this pre-season will be like no other. I believe the plan is for 2-3 friendlies at FF, or maybe one against another team in the local area.

The players we currently have - who are half the issue, like - aren't back in until next week, with the first few days just testing etc.
I take the point and hope you are right to be relaxed but how many times have we left it till the deadline or the week before and how many times has that worked out for us? I see a pattern of poor preseason against weak opposition and with key players not having arrived, and yes this year it will be shortened which means we need that key player in within the next few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.