Time To Break FFP?

Is it time to take the hit and break FFP?

• Yes

Votes: 153 70.2%
  • No

Votes: 51 23.4%
  • Maybe (give Brands 1 more window)

Votes: 14 6.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably because it’s constructed incc bc a way where it’s not anti competitive?

Surely a club could use someone like Utd as an example of how a club riddled with debt can spend more than a club debt free.

I think clubs are scared of how petty UEFA are and that should it be thrown out they fear they'll be on their back all the time.

Lets face facts, FFP isn't the reason that we aren't spending, it's because those in charge don't want to.

Surely a club could use someone like Utd as an example of how a club riddled with debt can spend more than a club debt free.

I think clubs are scared of how petty UEFA are and that should it be thrown out they fear they'll be on their back all the time.

FFP is in effect another example of a settlement between the top clubs and UEFA, to stave off the threat of a breakaway European League.

I just think its bluff but there is nothing to stop a group of the elite clubs forming their own league and governing body and breaking away from UEFA.

This threat is brought out as and when its needed.

From the viewpoint of the elite, there are more than enough clubs to contend with domestically and in Europe. They can't be having anymore.

We have to abide by FFP regulations. Our losses last year (due to the reckless wasting of hundreds of millions) means we won’t see spending of the levels we’ve seen previously.

We don't have to abide FFP regulations, and even if we did Moshiri could get around them with his eyes closed.

To do it you'd have to have the money.

But I suspect also that if the authorities thought it was a deliberate act, as opposed to what might be argued ( right or wrong) to be mismanagement, they would punish at the upper end of their options.

And there would be no scope for Man City-style appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.