Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly is a richarlison type signing though? A young promising attacking player like Kean? A 30m signing from another premier league club like Iwobi? A manager's trusted former player like Allan? A young promising south American like that Renier we tried to get?
What type of signing do you think I mean mate? Kean is agreat example mate, I'm not writing the kid off yet, he has plenty of potential yet. So yes that type, not just attackers though.

As I said mate I'm not expecting massive change yet but I'd have expected to get at least a midfielder in given how desparetely we need one.

I don't even think it's necessary about getting it done quickly, because although the market hasn't been open long it's been obvious to say since atleast before the restart we are in dire need of s centre mid, so some of the scouting should have been going on then.

I do get your point though about being a mid table team and having to wait until players have made their minds up.

Fingers crossed everything has been signed / sealed on Allan for a few weeks and they were just waiting for Napoli to go out the Champions League last night before announcing.....

More pressure on signings now we have money it seems. With money comes more expectation. With higher expectation less patience? Back when we were skint, we'd have to back players and give them time because we couldn't just go out and get someone else.
We can't go out and get the best- they want CL, then we've got a rubbish record with the lesser known young talents like Henry, Lookman and Vlasic (maybe they just aren't that good though tbf). Not easy transfer windows to navigate.

What type of signing do you think I mean mate? Kean is agreat example mate, I'm not writing the kid off yet, he has plenty of potential yet. So yes that type, not just attackers though.

I've seen your other posts where you've said young players we can make profit on, so yeah kean and Branthwaite would fit the bill but apart from that I dont think theres any. Only other one would be Digne, he wasn't young but we would be looking to triple what we paid if we sold him now.

We've not seen anything from him yet but Nkounkou looks like he'd fit the bill. I think we'll see more of these types of signings from now on because it sounds like brands has built the recruitment system he wants, and the academy ban ends soon doesnt it.

I've seen your other posts where you've said young players we can make profit on, so yeah kean and Branthwaite would fit the bill but apart from that I dont think theres any. Only other one would be Digne, he wasn't young but we would be looking to triple what we paid if we sold him now.

We've not seen anything from him yet but Nkounkou looks like he'd fit the bill. I think we'll see more of these types of signings from now on because it sounds like brands has built the recruitment system he wants, and the academy ban ends soon doesnt it.
Hopefully he can find us a couple of diamonds in the rough.Just as long as he gets that midfield sorted eh

Reading the Gabriel thread tho mate, we definitely have not all learnt to agree on that point.

I want us to sign the lad, but hardly anyone here has seen him play, and even if they have he hasnt been tested at this level yet. But people are crying out for us to pay whatever it takes to bring him in...

I’m not bothered if we sign him or not tbh. I never have been, centre half is the least of my concerns with our squad right now.

Midfield has been the killer for us this season and that’s where priority should lie. I’m genuinely surprised, unless Ancelotti is open to selling Mina (our only sellable centre half, nobody will want Keane and we won’t sell Holgate, hopefully) that we are even in for another defender this early.

Echo running quotes from a Portugal paper with the Benfica manager saying that they are facing competition for Everton Soares, from us and a German team.

just sounds like rubbish
He is one of the important targets for Benfica, not only because of his quality – he is a starter for Brazil too. There was also interest from Everton and a German team.

The alternative is you only buy within the league and get shafted £45m for Sigurdsson. Neither is guaranteed success but one way is cheaper.
I do agree with you.
It leaves us in a difficult spot.
I can see us chasing a player like Doucoure because of his experience in the league and his price may have fallen because of the pandemic and relegation. He is a decent player but has gone off the boil at Watford completely.
If a signing like that could be made together with a talented young player from abroad that might not be the worst result.

I do agree with you.
It leaves us in a difficult spot.
I can see us chasing a player like Doucoure because of his experience in the league and his price may have fallen because of the pandemic and relegation.
If a signing like that could be made together with a talented young player from abroad that might not be the worst result.

It sounds simple, but we should also target players in The Championship and lower leagues more.

They come without the glamour of a foreign signing, but plenty of decent players around.

Inflated fees have been an issue also, but clubs outside of the PL may now be willing to do business at reasonable fees given the current circumstances as they will be more impacted with the lack of gate receipts.

It sounds simple, but we should also target players in The Championship and lower leagues more.

They come without the glamour of a foreign signing, but plenty of decent players around.

Inflated fees have been an issue also, but clubs outside of the PL may now be willing to do business at reasonable fees given the current circumstances as they will be more impacted with the lack of gate receipts.
Agreed, there is certainly a lot of talent in the Championship and we have seen in recent seasons that the gap between it and the Premiership seems to be narrowing.
The problem can be that the better players are being sought after by lots of clubs.
Much more difficult now to pick up a Cahill or a Lescott.

Status
Not open for further replies.