2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal, Chelsea and City all need an entire defense.

...I know where you’re coming from, but I like Laporte at City. I think he needs a VvD type alongside so very surprised with Ake signing.

indications that Gabriel might be Arsenal bound which would be a disappointment if true.

Who’s arsed what other clubs are doing? Or who they need? What are we doing?

“City need this, Chelsea need that, Arsenal need this, Libpewl need that” let their manager and their fans worry about their team. Clearly their managers all have different opinions of the team they deal with week in week out hence why they’re signing players in different positions rather than the ones us internet experts believe they need.

Not many other clubs have a team as crap as ours not many teams above us need to strengthen as much as we do. Our squad is grade A garbage.

Who’s arsed what other clubs are doing? Or who they need? What are we doing?

“City need this, Chelsea need that, Arsenal need this, Libpewl need that” let their manager and their fans worry about their team. Clearly their managers all have different opinions of the team they deal with week in week out hence why they’re signing players in different positions rather than the ones us internet experts believe they need.

Not many other clubs have a team as crap as ours not many teams above us need to strengthen as much as we do. Our squad is grade A garbage.

....I’m interested in what City do because I want them to win the PL and Champions League next season. Their chances are significantly improved if they improve defensively.

....I’m interested in what City do because I want them to win the PL and Champions League next season. Their chances are significantly improved if they improve defensively.

That’s a fair point and one I am with you on.

However I’m sure the professionally qualified Guardiola and his 20+ professionally qualified staff members know a lot more what to do with their own team than a few Everton dads on grand old team (myself included).

That’s a fair point and one I am with you on.

However I’m sure the professionally qualified Guardiola and his 20+ professionally qualified staff members know a lot more what to do with their own team than a few Everton dads on grand old team (myself included).

Right, just like Everton's staff know a lot more about football than any of us.We dont 'let' them off with it without commenting do we!

It's a discussion board, none of us are qualified to say anything but its there for us to do anyway. We're allowed our opinions, and think its a fair opinion that City's defence is HONKING. Particularly for a team so highly skilled everywhere else.

...I know where you’re coming from, but I like Laporte at City. I think he needs a VvD type alongside so very surprised with Ake signing.

indications that Gabriel might be Arsenal bound which would be a disappointment if true.

Ake is supposedly going to be Laporte's backup. They still want another first-choice CB to play on the right.

Just put him on gardening leave and let Ancelotti’s agent contacts do the ground work on transfers.

Next year get a good director of football who Ancelotti recommends, one who won’t sign anymore premier league rejects.

He's probably waiting for the champions league to finish so he can pretend to be after some big names players before settling on 34m Naitland-Miles from Arsenal on deadline day.

Has he ever had to make a big signing in his life? Seems to me like since he’s been here he’s had it easy in terms of getting players who are surplus at their current clubs to come here. The Iwobi deal just smacked of complete desperation, we needed a winger and couldn’t get Zaha so threw £30m at Arsenal who probably couldn’t believe their luck when Brands made the call.

Right, just like Everton's staff know a lot more about football than any of us.We dont 'let' them off with it without commenting do we!

Tbf, we should though. The biggest myth people spout about Everton is that we have a 'knowledgeable crowd' - seen vids of fans saying they would have sold Lukaku for £20m and he wasn't that good.

Barkley wasn't that good either but registered 9 assists in his final full season for us. Still not replaced him.

Oh, and we clapped an explayer when he scored against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.