2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one of the biggest factors about Goodison is our own players know they can´t get away with half arsed performances. Our fans would be all over them. Take that away and do you really think this bunch would be motivated enough to get themselves up for games?
I can see your point but a lot of fans confuse half arsed performances with mistakes made with good intention and general poor play but not for the lack of trying. Problem is fans dont know when to be all over players and when to support them.
Pickford is a good example, the amount of times you see him punch a ball away and some idiots shouts "catch it" but dont understand the punch was the better option, you cant always reach with 2 hands to catch a ball and if you do sometimes you run the risk of spilling it in a very dangerouse area, but few fans understand this because they dont read the game. There was one incident at Goodison in the lockdown games where Pickford nearly messed up to let one in, i think it went under him and Keane stopped it, something like that, now with luck nothing happened that led to a goal but the crowd would of gone crazy with that and be ready for the next incident to jump on him. This is the problem we have.

Anyway i know this is the Brands thread and ive gone off topic here, sorry mods

I’d say the club will be fairly watertight in terms of not letting things slip out but I suppose the real problem is agents leaking things to drum up interest from other clubs.
Everton seems to be very water tight these days, which is a good thing, I think Brands is using this leak situation as an excuse for not getting stuff over the line.

Here's a thought: if it's true he's unhappy our targets are leaking, perhaps that goes some way into explaining why it's so quiet on the rumour front. I'd imagine it will stay that way, too.

It's 2020 pretty much every club's rumour gets leaked. I'm not too sure what he's moaning about, only 1% of rumours are genuine so it's hard for anyone to know what's been leaked is actually true.

The work that has gone into deals already is massive, unfortunately there's some within who are undermining efforts to help give some people a story.

People wonder why The Echo never know anything these days and this is exactly why.

If news gets out that a player might be joining us, other teams who are probably a better prospect (wages & European football) have them on their list but not #1 or #2 still see them as a viable option and don't want us getting that player who would improve us and cause more competition to them.

Spurs might have a £60m midfielder at #1 who we definitely can't get. If they hear news that were in for Højbjerg who might be #3 or #4 on their list, they make the calculated decision that actually buying him for £25m means he'll still do a job and fulfill something Mourinho wants but also damage us. That in turn means we end up going for the next option or no one at all.

The work that has gone into deals already is massive, unfortunately there's some within who are undermining efforts to help give some people a story.

People wonder why The Echo never know anything these days and this is exactly why.

If news gets out that a player might be joining us, other teams who are probably a better prospect (wages & European football) have them on their list but not #1 or #2 still see them as a viable option and don't want us getting that player who would improve us and cause more competition to them.

Spurs might have a £60m midfielder at #1 who we definitely can't get. If they hear news that were in for Højbjerg who might be #3 or #4 on their list, they make the calculated decision that actually buying him for £25m means he'll still do a job and fulfill something Mourinho wants but also damage us. That in turn means we end up going for the next option or no one at all.

Agents etc ruin that theory.

I do think Ancelotti's endorsement counts for a lot though.

"Oh Ancelotti wants him?"...

The work that has gone into deals already is massive, unfortunately there's some within who are undermining efforts to help give some people a story
Hahaha utter TRIPE.

Clubs picking up our main targets even though they may only be 2nd or 3rd on their wishlist just to stop us being competitive?

Fantasy land you mate unless you're being sarcastic.

But then someone else will just sign their no 1 targets hurting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.