2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
klopp's first team and his latest team are really dramatically different. definitely this needs an overhaul, about 3 players/positions per season and then in 3 years we might be happy

undoubtedly the right approach, no 6 in 6 out jobs here, but quality over quantity approach is the way forward. Other thing I would love to see Carlo do is wait for his 1st targets where possible

klopp's first team and his latest team are really dramatically different. definitely this needs an overhaul, about 3 players/positions per season and then in 3 years we might be happy

undoubtedly the right approach, no 6 in 6 out jobs here, but quality over quantity approach is the way forward. Other thing I would love to see Carlo do is wait for his 1st targets where possible

Yeah. and I know I'll be cancelled or massacred for comparing to them but if we want to be ambitious - at least to get better - we have to look at the best recent example of quick and dramatic team building (I think Ancelotti said something similar) . even from that first 2015 team to July 2020, there was only Origi, Lallana, Milner in the squad but everyone else was replaced over 5 years.

Yeah. and I know I'll be cancelled or massacred for comparing to them but if we want to be ambitious - at least to get better - we have to look at the best recent example of quick and dramatic team building (I think Ancelotti said something similar) . even from that first 2015 team to July 2020, there was only Origi, Lallana, Milner in the squad but everyone else was replaced over 5 years.
I don't know about that. The captain of their team looks awfully familiar.

Weve got about 32 players in/around the 1st team (after players are back from loans).

3 players incoming if all are 100% top class, top 4 quality would of course dramatically improve us. However if they arent on the pitch we will still struggle.

In centre midfield alone we need 2 players. That should improve the team exponentially.

But we still have limited threat from out wide nor do we have a functioning consistent right back...or a left sided centre back (ignoring Gibson/Branthwaite).

I would personally prefer it if Brands sold/loaned 16 players to take us to 16 in the squad.

Then add in 3/4 undisputed first team players and 3 u21s to develop similar to Kean/Branthwaite.

Tis disapointing that the suprise,wow factor over recruiting Carlo in the job has been and gone never to be got back.

To be honest i was hoping Big Dunc with someone like Tim Cahill as a partnership to get us through to the end of the season made more sense at the time......Just because they have a genuine history and love for the club like the rest of us fans......Any way that's water under the wottsit.

Some fans reckon reckon Carlo will end up walking away in the end.......Can't see that myself not on his wages,at his age why would he ?....Doesn't happen these days,managers stick around till pushed out the door with all that cash.

Anyhow with his cv let's hope and pray he does turn this sows ear into a silk purse..

Regards...Catchee all next season...&...Stay safe all

Jack

Even Klopp would struggle to motivate these mercenaries.

this whole squad needs rebuilding.
There is a reason why elite managers are where they are.
They can get the very best out of a player and a team.

Klopp would improve that team enormously and given time CA will do the same.
Some players will be kept and some will be moved on.
If the manager can create a different attitude within the squad then current players will adjust their mindset as well.

We have seen us being link with a couple of vastly experienced players who are probably past their best days by now but I think CA may feel that bringing some experience of winning and experience of a winning mentality would help change the existing mindset.
I think he wanted to keep Baines as much for his attitude as his football ability.

Tis disapointing that the suprise,wow factor over recruiting Carlo in the job has been and gone never to be got back.

To be honest i was hoping Big Dunc with someone like Tim Cahill as a partnership to get us through to the end of the season made more sense at the time......Just because they have a genuine history and love for the club like the rest of us fans......Any way that's water under the wottsit.

Some fans reckon reckon Carlo will end up walking away in the end.......Can't see that myself not on his wages,at his age why would he ?....Doesn't happen these days,managers stick around till pushed out the door with all that cash.

Anyhow with his cv let's hope and pray he does turn this sows ear into a silk purse..

Regards...Catchee all next season...&...Stay safe all

Jack
Win the first five games of the new season and the wow factor would be back with a bang.

In hindsight I find it a bit bemusing we’ve went and hired Ancelotti and made him one of the best paid managers in the World. It isn’t anything to do with his talent as a manager, it’s purely because the Board are seemingly not going to back him to get us competing for the Champions League and now one of our few players worth a carrot is flirting with other clubs looking for a way out.

We could’ve just got any manager off the merry-go-round who’d have us in the same position in mid-lower table.

In hindsight I find it a bit bemusing we’ve went and hired Ancelotti and made him one of the best paid managers in the World. It isn’t anything to do with his talent as a manager, it’s purely because the Board are seemingly not going to back him to get us competing for the Champions League and now one of our few players worth a carrot is flirting with other clubs looking for a way out.

We could’ve just got any manager off the merry-go-round who’d have us in the same position in mid-lower table.

Champions League is a big step, but where's it said that they aren't going to back him?

Status
Not open for further replies.