Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does make me chortle when players names come up as targets for us and a number on here pile in with “not good enough “ comments.
I know we all have rose tinted glasses but my goodness some do have an elevated opinion of our position in the grand scheme of things.
We lost the race to be top of the bottom half, Tom Davis is an automatic choice for us, Siggy gets a game more often than not. I was going to say Siggy plays more games than not, but then I thought.
We already have the best squad of players in the world and we only want players better than those.
We don't want most players because if they are for sale then they are rejects … we don't want rejects.
We most of all want home grown players, but if they are not superstars by the age of twenty they are not good enough and should be sold to a first division team.... that is unless they are sold for a big fee and they then change category to traitor.

Romero will presumably be 3rd choice @ United next season, behind De Gea & Henderson, a move for him to push Pickford to breaking point or improvement would be a good signature.. a solid keeper but not a long term fixture. Pickford is a good keeper, he’s just got a rotten attitude. He needs to improve this hugely. He can be fixed.

Ivanovic must be another one of Carlos generals? It’s hugely worrying that there’s no one in the dressing room that can promote the right drive, mentality and atmosphere to move this club forward, that we have to bring in Ivanovic who with all respect is in the twilight of his career and not the player he once was. Hopefully if true this is just a year offering with limited playing time to transition him into a coaching role..

At this point I think keane can't even be grouped among them either. Not saying he has been amazing, but he is a player that has shown he can do well. Klaasen is one I would prefer not to talk about
Is he one of your dirty little secrets like the old tupperware box of vibrators under your bed?

Mad our fans loads were crying about links to Coutinho, but suggest Zaha?

Bye a left footer and get Coutinho on loans and play him from the left.

Big fan of that David Brooks, looks hell of a talent.

Would love us to throw some cash at hthem for him, they paid £12 million for him, so no idea what type of cost he would be.

Man City academy to Sheff United.

Localish lad too, Warrington.

My brother thinks we should be straight in for him.

Has big potential from what bits I have seen of him.
Not sure he is exactly what we need, but if the price wasn't too extortionate I think he would be a good addition.

It’s such a difficult window this for the club. I’d say the hardest window the club has ever faced, due to the amount of pure unadulterated garbage we have which is going to be difficult to shift, as well as the types of players we actually could attract.

I honestly don’t think have Ancelotti at the helm is going to matter one iota with regards to new signings. The better players will still be turned on by European football and how much money they will be paid. Joining 12th placed Everton isn’t really that much of a pull, we are now further behind than we have been for years.

So does he go for steady and proven players not wanted at CL clubs any more or invest heavily in youth?

Either way, we are highly unlikely to be bridging the gap between us and the European places any time soon IMO.

So did Delph. Fantastic signing, that. Real leader who has won everything and instills a culture of showing youngsters the correct way on and off the pitch.
He is only one signing, not remotely similar players are they? Gareth Barry worked so have others?

It’s such a difficult window this for the club. I’d say the hardest window the club has ever faced, due to the amount of pure unadulterated garbage we have which is going to be difficult to shift, as well as the types of players we actually could attract.

I honestly don’t think have Ancelotti at the helm is going to matter one iota with regards to new signings. The better players will still be turned on by European football and how much money they will be paid. Joining 12th placed Everton isn’t really that much of a pull, we are now further behind than we have been for years.

So does he go for steady and proven players not wanted at CL clubs any more or invest heavily in youth?

Either way, we are highly unlikely to be bridging the gap between us and the European places any time soon IMO.

I actually think we might have our best chance of attracting higher quality without European football for the only time tbh.
This virus is making travel difficult and risky, combined with no fans in stadiums, hardly makes Europe the carrot is usually is.

Offer the right package, with the right targets of progressive and we might be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.