Old Everton Pictures

back at that time I couldn't just name the Everton squad (easy enough) . We all could.
I could name almost every other squad in the old first division. Every team had its characters. It's hard players. It's skilful players. It's match winner's.
A miss spent youth I suppose .
Nowadays I can still name the Everton squad (of course). But I haven't much of a clue who plays for other teams. Never heard of most of them.......

Remember as a kid memorising every league teams ground, nicknames, kit colours etc.
Now I can't remember what I had for breakfast :Blink:

1595499633815.png

I was tired when I looked that score up so may have missed that will recheck , but they wore white at home in the FA cup also 3-0 was a popular score in the cup in thearly rounds that season ;) ;)

....yep, 3-0 every round and then we beat City 2-0 and United 1-0, so a cumulative 3-0 against Manchester.

Keep well, Joey.

Everton switched to a modern kit for the 1929/30 season (round neck shirts, stripes on the cuffs, paler blue). Sadly it coincided with relegation. Dixie Dean still managed 23 goals in 25 League appearances. It looks like his head is 'photoshopped' (1930s-style) on this photo
1595499759212.jpeg