Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The romanian lad looks very "meh" on YouTube. Done very little in his career and then spiked this season - with pens and freekicks seemingly helping his stats. Also seems to be a no.10 which unless we're changing system we don't really need. Appreciate he's cheap and relatively low risk, but so were Shani Tarashaj, Nikola Vlasic, Leandro Rodriguez etc....

Vlasic wasnt' cheap and wasn't low risk. But we still amde a profit (bought for £10m, sold for £16m) roughly.

The romanian lad looks very "meh" on YouTube. Done very little in his career and then spiked this season - with pens and freekicks seemingly helping his stats. Also seems to be a no.10 which unless we're changing system we don't really need. Appreciate he's cheap and relatively low risk, but so were Shani Tarashaj, Nikola Vlasic, Leandro Rodriguez etc....

Firstly, judging a player by YouTube has never been a good idea.. ever. Nothing wrong with scoring pens and freekicks either, four of Bruno Fernandes' last six goals for United have been from set plays, doesn't matter how you score them. Reports are that he's a box-to-box potentially, either way, i'm not sold on 442 so never a bad thing to have players that can play different systems. Finally, we paid very little for Tarashaj and Rodriguez and even made a profit on Vlasic, however, we've literally been begging for Brands to pluck out some gems from obscurity like he did at PSV - he had a pretty good record of it there so i'd sooner see him do this than plonk £60m for Zaha.

Firstly, judging a player by YouTube has never been a good idea.. ever. Nothing wrong with scoring pens and freekicks either, four of Bruno Fernandes' last six goals for United have been from set plays, doesn't matter how you score them. Reports are that he's a box-to-box potentially, either way, i'm not sold on 442 so never a bad thing to have players that can play different systems. Finally, we paid very little for Tarashaj and Rodriguez and even made a profit on Vlasic, however, we've literally been begging for Brands to pluck out some gems from obscurity like he did at PSV - he had a pretty good record of it there so i'd sooner see him do this than plonk £60m for Zaha.

All good points tbf. Just saying - sometimes a player jumps off the screen when you watch them a bit and this one doesn't.

Could be a strategy though to do similar to what we've done with Onyekuru etc. Chelsea do it a lot too. Sign a cheap european talent, loan them out for a couple of years for decent fees, then sell them for profit. Good way to make money FFP-wise.

All good points tbf. Just saying - sometimes a player jumps off the screen when you watch them a bit and this one doesn't.

Could be a strategy though to do similar to what we've done with Onyekuru etc. Chelsea do it a lot too. Sign a cheap european talent, loan them out for a couple of years for decent fees, then sell them for profit. Good way to make money FFP-wise.

I remember I'd never seen Davy Klassen play before we signed him.

Decided to watch his youtube video when the transfer was confirmed.

Most boring video ever.

From a technical POV Klaassen's vid was superb.

For me it highlighted the difference between the Dutch and English league.
I so wanted him to work out. Loved how instinctive and 'one-touch' he looked - but for whatever reason it just didn't seem to translate well over here. Real shame - perhaps the one I was most gutted about to be honest. Genuinely thought we were getting a gem.

I so wanted him to work out. Loved how instinctive and 'one-touch' he looked - but for whatever reason it just didn't seem to translate well over here. Real shame - perhaps the one I was most gutted about to be honest. Genuinely thought we were getting a gem.
If you take some people out of their comfort zone they fall apart.

Thats harsh, most people fall apart.

That’ll be because he had the physicality of a sick child.

Status
Not open for further replies.