Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be wondering why every transfer bid gets leaked if I was Brands/Moshiri. Gets played out for weeks after that and drags on to the point where any excitement has gone and you end up not arsed if the player signs or not.

I'll only be happy with him if like you say someone like Allan comes in addition.

I'm not over the moon on it, and felt we could drive the price down more. However we can't afford any more risks/duds as signings. There is less risk than a lot of signings, even if the ceiling is not as high.

The other point I'd note, is Southamptons midfielders, largely 2nd choice to Hojberg strolled past ours with ease. For the 20 minutes he was on he was better than our midfield. So some mixed feelings about the signing really but plenty of positives too.

He would fit in a team like Spurs who need one to do the dirty work with great players in front of him.
Even if we bring Allan with him and imagine Allan is injured we have a midfield like: Holjberg -Sigurdsson/Davies/Gbamin sounds dreadful

Is there a midfielder you can think of you would be happy playing with any of the above?

Speaking to a couple of Southampton fans and they say he works hard and is quite combative, something clearly lacking in our midfield. The worry is the their total apathy to him leaving.
If we're in for him and if we get him time will tell

Ultimately we need 4 quality Centre mids. Or 3 very good ones and 1 world class one. The world class one may have to wait.

But I think Hojbjerg is a good player, improved a lot over the last 12/18 months. And suits 442.
Going for him, Gbamin, Gomes( for one more season I would say) and if we could get Allan. That would be great for next season

Moving forward, with hopefully Europe we will need more than 2 good centre midfielders

Status
Not open for further replies.