Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are sick and tired of buying expensive "potential" that we can't get rid of??

Try listing the players that we all most want or wanted rid of in the last few seasons and still

Schneiderlin
Siggy
Walcott
Bolasie
Keane

Expensive experienced crap has been the biggest problem.

We can actually shift the crap players with potential even if at a loss.

Exceptions are the utterly bizarre decisions to hand Niasse, Sandro and Garbutt wage levels that they didn't even slightly merit and meant they stayed with us for the full contract.

I agree that it’s actually the fact that they are expensive crap that makes them difficult to sell rather than their age.

Sandro was 22 when he signed.
Iwobi was 23
Keane was 24.
Bernard was 25
Schneiderlin was 27
Bolasie was 27
Sigurdsson was 27
Walcott was turning 28 when we signed him.

The most productive have been Richarlison, who was just 20, then Digne who was 24. Then after that it’s probably Sigurdsson and then Walcott, who have been the most productive in truth.

It’s more the instant aversion against mature bargains that I’m against. How we laughed at Leicester for picking up Johnny Evans for 3 million pound when he was 30 etc. Whilst we spend 25 million on Keane and another 25 million on Mina.

So I will correct myself, it’s spending fortunes on expensive tat which is the problem. I also think there is less risk and more value in picking up some bargains that may be heading towards the end of their career.

I agree that it’s actually the fact that they are expensive crap that makes them difficult to sell rather than their age.

Iwobi was 23
Keane was 24.
Bernard was 25
Schneiderlin was 27
Bolasie was 27
Sigurdsson was 27

The most productive have been Richarlison, who was just 20, then Digne who was 24. Then after that it’s probably Sigurdsson and then Walcott, who have been the most productive in truth.

It’s more the instant aversion against mature bargains that I’m against. How we laughed at Leicester for picking up Johnny Evans for 3 million pound when he was 30 etc. Whilst we spend 25 million on Keane and another 25 million on Mina.

So I will correct myself, it’s spending fortunes on expensive tat which is the problem. I also think there is less risk and more value in picking up some bargains that may be heading towards the end of their career.

Genuine question, did people laugh at that? The most obvious bit of business in recent years we never did and exactly the kind of signing we made pre-Moshiri.

Iwobi was 23
Keane was 24.
Bernard was 25
Schneiderlin was 27
Bolasie was 27
Sigurdsson was 27

Walcott was turning 29 when we signed him, sigurdsson was turning 28 the month after signing him.

In terms of wide players at the club - Gordon & Walcott are good enough as back up/ rotation options at LW/RW.

For me thats why I would sell Bernard for an FFP profit / get his massive wages off the books + loan out Iwobi (who just doesn't suit our system and never will) with the option for the loanee to buy him at a good price the following summer when clubs have a bit more dough in the bank post covid.

Bring in 2 wide players on either side who can offer more goals/create chances.

Genuine question, did people laugh at that? The most obvious bit of business in recent years we never did and exactly the kind of signing we made pre-Moshiri.

At the time, yes. I agree it’s exactly the type of signing Moyes would have been all over, and let’s face it, much better value than the 50 million spent on Keane and Mina.

At the time, yes. I agree it’s exactly the type of signing Moyes would have been all over, and let’s face it, much better value than the 50 million spent on Keane and Mina.

I think Mina is better than Evans. Surround Mina with good players and he could well turn out to be a very good centreback. He’s got years left whereas Evans’ form could start deteriorating soon.

Imagine the scenes if once Villa are confirmed down we see the SSN Yellow Ticker:

"BREAKING NEWS Jack Grealish has agreed a £40 million move to the mighty Everton"

Think I would keel over with elation

Status
Not open for further replies.