Match Thread Everton v Southampton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m certain that their player was already going down when the pen was given. Funny how they haven’t showed any replays of it yet as well.

We need to by pass the midfield now because there naff.

Midfield two sit really deep and just hoof it to dom with richy gordan and iwobi pushed up to get on the end of his knockdowns

That's the worst pen decision I've ever seen, and var Gets it wrong!

Ward prowse moves his leg into gomes, gomes leg didn't move towards ward prowse. How can var give that?

A few thoughts:

Lee Mason is still shocking and Ward-Prowse is practically laying down before any contact happens on that penalty.

Even excluding that moment Gomes is rapidly entering worst run of performances I've ever seen territory. At least Schneiderlin didn't tackle anyone because he was too scared of getting out of position, Gomes lives out of position.

The goal comes from both Davies and Gomes going after a ball and neither getting it. Gross stuff really. 40 yard gap opened from nothing.

Iwobi isn't going to have an impact if he doesn't move to different spots and instead hugs the touchline. Anyone getting on him for not finishing that though needs to relax.

Gordon is good. Bernard should never start on the left when he's fit ever again.

Richarlison.

Even worse than the spurs game this. Can’t play this formation with them jarg heads in centre mid. I actually don’t know what our plan was today. Everyone knows southampton press in the centre and we start the standard tools in there who walk about. Lucky to be not 2-3 down.
We dont have any other tools. Thanks Mr Brands!

Status
Not open for further replies.