Our gutless, ineffective midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancelottis 4 usually consists of similar styles as:

Gordon: Drifting inside to make a 3 but a goal/assist threat.

Gomes: Ball player like Ruiz at Napoli

Gbamin: Defensive/Box to box like Allan at Napoli

Walcott: Fast flyer quickly joining the front 2

I expect that will be the model we follow.
Except;
Gordon is unproven
Gomes looks elegant, but is vastly over rated
Gbamin; who knows if he will ever kick a ball again, or even if he wouldve been any good without his injury
Walcott; the speed of a greyhound and the brains of a dustbin lid

The sad thing is, even this bunch can have a go when they want to. Remember the Chelsea game when Ferguson had put a rocket up their arse? Where's that gone? Just because Ancelotti has asked them to be a bit more disciplined positionally doesn't mean they can't make tackles. It's all attitude.
It always is Brownie, it always is...usually in our case severe lack of

Most of all we need a leader who will drive us on and not just accept defeat you fight till the end you tackle you head you kick you scrape, who in the hell do our midfielders think they are not to try!!! Gutless cowards. Imagine Roy Keane just accepting that last night, Peter Reid you want people to grab our players and tell them it's not good enough demand it! Our players are silent shrug of the shoulder laugh as they come off and have capitulated away again. Absolutely sick of it. If they carry on not caring why should we ?

United: Giggs Keane Scholes Beckham

Arsenal: Ljungberg Vieira Silva Pires

Everton: Limpar Speed Parkinson Kanchelskis

You have 1 star midfield general and you build from there.

Keane, Vieira, Speed. Three leaders in the middle.

The wide players all hitting double figures and the centre midfielders chipping in as well.

Gordon Tonali Zakaria Sarr

Id be targeting those 3 players, or similar types to them.

However, id also say that our defence has to play deep due to Keane, Mina and Coleman. We have no centre back able to hit long passes and no right back able to assist/score.

Thats why we are rumoured to want Gabriel and Emerson.

Pickford
Emerson Holgate Gabriel Digne
Sarr Zakaria Tonali Gordon
DCL Richarlison

That side walks into the top 6 with ease.

The 2 defenders will cost about £40mil. All other funds go into the 3 midfield positions either on those players or similar level of quality and potential.

Wait until we see Gbamin. £25m for a bang average centre half that can also play Defensive midfield if needs must. Lol, he’s not going be the answer either.
I was chatting to a Mainz fan the other day. He was saying he's a decent player but couldn't believe we spent so much on him.

I was chatting to a Mainz fan the other day. He was saying he's a decent player but couldn't believe we spent so much on him.
I've been to 5/6 Mainz games over the last few years, because a mate of mine now lives in Frankfurt and adopted them as his team over there so he goes most weeks. I can honestly say he had never stood out to me in any of those games, and my mate was totally perplexed by the signing. Not that he thought he was awful, just not particularly impressive. Obviously neither of us are football scouts so that's not to say he hasn't got it in his locker, but I would say it would be a surprise if he came into the side and started bossing it.

United: Giggs Keane Scholes Beckham

Arsenal: Ljungberg Vieira Silva Pires

Everton: Limpar Speed Parkinson Kanchelskis

You have 1 star midfield general and you build from there.

Keane, Vieira, Speed. Three leaders in the middle.

The wide players all hitting double figures and the centre midfielders chipping in as well.

Gordon Tonali Zakaria Sarr

Id be targeting those 3 players, or similar types to them.

However, id also say that our defence has to play deep due to Keane, Mina and Coleman. We have no centre back able to hit long passes and no right back able to assist/score.

Thats why we are rumoured to want Gabriel and Emerson.

Pickford
Emerson Holgate Gabriel Digne
Sarr Zakaria Tonali Gordon
DCL Richarlison

That side walks into the top 6 with ease.

The 2 defenders will cost about £40mil. All other funds go into the 3 midfield positions either on those players or similar level of quality and potential.
Dre-e-e-eam, dream dream dream, when I want you....

I've been to 5/6 Mainz games over the last few years, because a mate of mine now lives in Frankfurt and adopted them as his team over there so he goes most weeks. I can honestly say he had never stood out to me in any of those games, and my mate was totally perplexed by the signing. Not that he thought he was awful, just not particularly impressive. Obviously neither of us are football scouts so that's not to say he hasn't got it in his locker, but I would say it would be a surprise if he came into the side and started bossing it.

We don’t need him to boss it, we just need him to do a job and put some tackles in. The bar isn’t high.

He lives in Frankfurt and adopted Mainz? Traitor!

But yeah that's exactly what the fella I chatted to said pretty much.

We don’t need him to boss it, we just need him to do a job and put some tackles in. The bar isn’t high.
No I agree. Although to be honest even that might be a struggle for him for a while. Bearing in mind that people think it's unfair to ask Kean to be able to trap a ball because he's new to the league, being new to the league and coming back from 18 months out injured might mean we have to temper our expectations a bit.

One ball winning midfielder, one ball playing midfielder and one goal scoring midfielder, would totally transform our team from back to front. It has to be the priority in the summer window. Everything else can go on the back burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.