Old Everton Pictures

He fell out with the club he had his off field problems - treated Gordon West very badly on arrival - I did see him as a kid but cannot say how good he was ......he did perform well in the 1963 run in only as Westy was injured, but had kept Dunlop out of the team that season ......
Then he blabbed that we were taking drugs in 1963 - left in a sad way tbh .......
Not so great then......didn't know all that. Must read up a little on him.

1593984301887.jpeg

Great photo. Have this team photo framed. It's a glossy photo given away free with some newspaper back in the day. That's the first bunch of players that I saw up close and personal. great squad. My first ever match was seeing these players draw with Burnley. I actually liked Burnley back then as well. Think that a young Martin Dobson was playing for Burnley.
But my team was always going to be Everton. And here we are fifty plus years later. For better or worse.......

Want our current bunch to win something........But at least I saw and appreciated those 1968-1969-1970 guys. Great team.... Great stuff......

Absolutely love seeing old photos of the old lady

They must've demolished half of gwladys street when they added the upper tier as you can see houses with their back yards directly at the back of the stand. I wonder how the terrace was accessed back then?
There used to be a Gwladys St. Entrance turnstile right at the top end of Bullens Rd