Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be nice to do a Chelsea and be proactive with signings and get some deals wrapped up.

But seems we are waiting on something, is it the outcome from Man City, players to respond to offers, our final league placing, it can’t be waiting on player values due to COVID as some big deals have already been done to show prices aren’t coming down.

Rumours are Gabriel €22mil between us and Napoli. His goal is to be in the Brazil squad which i would hope with Richarlison makes us more attractive.
We know the financial situation at all clubs is in a totally different state than any one could have believed maybe four months ago. We are no different.

I think that we may be reassessing our transfer strategy in full.

I have no doubt that we intended signing a centre half but I feel that may be less of a priority now. I really would not be surprised to see us bring an experienced player in on loan for a season and that probably will not be Thiago Silva.

We may need to sign a left back as cover if Leighton Baines decides to leave , and I think he might just want to get some games before he finally hangs up his boots.

We absolutely have to strengthen midfield both defensively and creatively and I think that is where our money may be spent.
The wide right side of our midfield could also need strengthening but we probably can get by using a combination of Walcott, Iwobi, Gordon or Richarlison.

jude bellingham if you have any sense , grealish if you can get him , vardi - too old yes but if you wanna win cups and league positions sometimes you have to go short term , its not the player its the number of goals he gets you ,

Vardy is 33 years old, we are rightly not going to be interested in him.
i think your right in fairness , just the goals i was thinking about mate , ive put jude bellingham up , but im a blue nose , we always sell our young players , but id love to see him here on a big 5 year deal , hes better than francis was at 16/17

I have heard about the reduction in sentence as well, but, that would seem strange. You would expect a guilty or innocent verdict whereby the ban is upheld or completely dismissed.
However, even if the ban is upheld, it would not surprise if UEFA then reduced it to one year.
It will be further complicated if City were to win it this year and then not be allowed to defend it.
That's not how CAS works. It's a civil court not a criminal court, they essentially assess the legality of any guidelines and also look at the process that was followed when enacting sanctions based on those guidelines. They can throw the case out, throw the sanctions out or take each step of the process apart piece by piece essentially accepting and rejecting any elements they deem to have been correctly/incorrectly applied.

i think your right in fairness , just the goals i was thinking about mate , ive put jude bellingham up , but im a blue nose , we always sell our young players , but id love to see him here on a big 5 year deal , hes better than francis was at 16/17

Should have went for him strong when we sold Lukaku. Not now though.

That's not how CAS works. It's a civil court not a criminal court, they essentially assess the legality of any guidelines and also look at the process that was followed when enacting sanctions based on those guidelines. They can throw the case out, throw the sanctions out or take each step of the process apart piece by piece essentially accepting and rejecting any elements they deem to have been correctly/incorrectly applied.
But, can they reduce or increase a sanction already imposed ?

Wow mate that is some praise. Is he that good? What type of player is he?

...Breaking News: Wigan Athletic has entered administration.

Not sure if that impacts transfer activity for the likes of Kieran Dowell.
Well they won’t be signing him or anyone, that’s for sure. It’s a shame as they have really picked up of late. Is Joe Royle still involved there in some capacity?

strong quick - know where the net is , good in the air , best thing hes 16/17 hes coach able to what you want him to be
I remember Trevor Francis as a young kid. He was one of my favourite non Everton players. So skilful, could just glide past players and could finish. Dortmund have been linked with Bellingham, it wouldn’t be the worst move in the world for the lad, seeing what they’ve done with Sancho.

Status
Not open for further replies.