Old Everton Pictures

Bally - performances in the 1966 World Cup winning England team attracted the attention of a number of clubs bigger than Blackpool. He was eventually sold to Everton for a fee of £112,000 in August 1966, at the time a record transfer fee paid to an English club - The Catt stated he would never accept £500,000 9 months after the 1970 World Cup he sold him for £220,000?????

1592932640857.png
1592932665994.png

1592932689903.png

That's the guy. I could be wrong but I believe that he scored twice against us in that friendly. I was only about ten at the time. And vaguely remember reading about that in one of those football magazines.. But again I could be wrong that he actually scored.

Match report from one of my scrap books that survived my many house moves, plus three of the goals. I have never been sure but I think that is me just behind the guy leaning forward behind the goal as the Blues score their third.
69  - 70 Page 1.jpg

Match report from one of my scrap books that survived my many house moves, plus three of the goals. I have never been sure but I think that is me just behind the guy leaning forward behind the goal as the Blues score their third.View attachment 91810
Great report. Melledew scored one goal then. I always thought it was two.
You were real close up to the action if that is you.
I suppose every team is allowed a bad game now and again. Even the school of science. But they got everything ironed out for that upcoming season. Great stuff.