Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

why are Everton like this
Who knows the real truth, like someone pointed out, why wouid he have a medical in February. That doesn’t make sense.
Maybe we have spoken to his agent and Lille

Maybe we still are talking, when you read we’ve pulled out of this deal, but are after Tobido from Barca, for a similar price. I wouldn’t believe 90% of what’s reported. We will find out soon enough

Even if there isn't money to burn, my hope is that the club is at least in a position to capitalise when a high-quality player is on the market at a point in their career where, for whatever reason, the top sides aren't prepared to pull the trigger on buying them. A recent example could be Bruno Fernandes, who was desperate to leave Sporting in August, and perhaps might have been persuaded to make a smaller step up once United and Tottenham balked at the asking price. To me, this has a higher potential upside than the current model of targeting players who have already shown themselves incapable of hacking it at the elite level, and I'm encouraged by the fact that we've recently seen the managerial equivalent of punching above our weight with Ancelotti.

Everton will never be 'back' until they can offer regular Champions League football, not only to players, but also sponsors, and that won't be possible without the kind of talent whose presence alone is enough to lift his teammates (eg Modric and Bale at Tottenham, Suarez at Liverpool or Silva at City). No one has had anything like that kind of impact here since Kanchelskis, and he even he only gave us his best for a criminally short amount of time (probably more comparable to Payet at West Ham than those previously mentioned).

Also, there must surely be some concern among the directors about the scouting in general. There has been something fundamentally wrong with Everton's recruitment since the Martinez regime began to unravel, and I'm not at all convinced that Brands is the man to sort this mess out. If the plan is to plug gaps with Fraser-types while hoping to rehabilitate more Barcelona rejects, I would be amazed to see this team close the gap on Wolves and Leicester, never mind Chelsea and United.

Clearly, no one actually knows what happened or otherwise they would have reported it that week. Because it could very well have been Everton agreed terms with Lille, had the medical and was set to sign, then Lille got word someone else was interested and said ".....and just 5 million more" and Brands said "No deal, besides, Thiago Silva will come available in 4 months, watch this space".

And he was right. Amazing really...

I personally think Ancelotti is only playing 4-4-2 because it allows him to get the best out of DCL and Richarlison. I think he may prefer a 4-3-3 if he can put his own stamp on it. That being the case I think we need 7 players ideally.

GK: Pickford, Lossl, Virginia
RB: Xxxxxx, Kenny/Coleman
LB: Digne, Baines
CB: Holgate, Xxxxxx, Mina, Xxxxxx, Keane
DCM: Xxxxxx, Gbamin
CM: Gomes, Xxxxxx, Delph, Iwobi, Davies
RW: Xxxxxx, Xxxxxx
ST: Calvert-Lewin, Kean
LW: Richarlison, Bernard

At right back we need someone to come in and make the position their own. I cant decide who I would keep as back up Coleman or Kenny. I would like to see us sign Gabriel as a LCB to partner Holgate and Todibo as the other CB as he can also play DCM which gives us cover there until Gbamin is back. In midfield I want a DCM who can drop into the back to make a 3 which will allow the full backs to play as wing backs. The other CM would be more of a box to box player which allows Gomes more freedom and less responsibility. The Right Wingers I would want a left footed version of Richarlison who can also play up front and a left footed version of Bernard who can play more as midfielder.

This means we need to sell Sigurdsson, Walcott, Tosun, Besic, Bolasie, Sandro. Any offers would be welcome to get rid of wages.

Didn't the likes of king hunter and joyce report in april while we were back in COVID19 then that we were confident in getting gabriel

Status
Not open for further replies.