Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The top teams are far richer than us and can afford to buy top players and have the pull with the allure of European football. We are a team that offer absolutely none of that, are not particularly rich and Carlo Ancelotti on his own can’t entirely cancel that out.

When has a loan move ever worked out for an Everton player aside from Holgate? Would Abraham, Tomori or Mount have got a chance if Lampard (who came from the Championship and isn’t a top manager) wasn’t appointed?

You’re mentioning Liverpool as usual who are minted, offer an Ancelotti level manager with European football and prestige but you seem to forget that they paid out their nose for Mane and Fabinho with every player you mention there linked to other big clubs at the time also which you also have conveniently forgotten.

Marcel Brands has a mantra of developing young players, getting everything he can out of them and then selling big when they inevitably want to go. You can bitch and moan about this all you like but the fact is that’s the way he’s going to play it so you should probably get your head around that.

Once again: when most top clubs including Liverpool who you always seem to be oozing over who are European champions and English champions elect don’t have a top class striker where on earth are Everton buying one from?

Richarlison: £50 million
Siggurdsson: £45 million
Keane: £30 million
Pickford: £30 million
Iwobi: £28 million
Kean: £27 million
Bolasie: £27 million
Tosun: £27 million
Schneiderlin: £24 million
Walcott: £20-25 million
Gomes: £22 million

So we aren't particularly rich?

OK mate.

Our spending largely has been a shambles - only Gana you could argue as being a genuine bargain and potentially Digne if he gets back to his 1st season standards.

Chelsea have a few good young players - but this season a 4th place finish isnt great for them - more than likely if Abramavich spends big they wont get a chance as they'll sign CL quality players to try win trophies.

Also LFC are rich revenue wise but we can outspend them with Usmanov providing they aint getting £140 million for players to boost their coffers. Sadly they have just recruited very well.

Again its not about signing a top CF - if you have a manager as good as Ancelotti you could sign a Werner/Belotti/Lacazette/Jimenez type forwards who are good but not considered world class and get that extra 10% out of them - you cant tell me Salah or Mane would be as good if they were managed by some bum like Solskjaer and not Klopp?

39 in 2 seasons ??

Hes 29, hes scored 13 this season, in the league, cup comps and Europe are pointless, cos Everton dont play in them.

DCL is 23, hes scored 13 this season.

Jimenez would cost 40m+.

Would I take Jimenez ahead of DCL? Probably, would I pay 40m for not much of an upgrade? Defo not.

I consider DCL to currently have more of an upside.

I dont know why everybody thinks we need a Striker when we have Tom Davies and Morgan Snides getting games in midfield.

DCL and Rico have done superbly this season so far, its without question the strongest area of our side.

We have limited funds, I would rather we improved the holes with that money.

RW - Theo Walcott
CM - Fabian Delph
RB - Coleman

I do not want these players being first choice next season, under ANY circumstances.

I got no major beef with Coleman for the record, I just think hes not really a player I want starting every game at RB, hes more than able if called upon.

Richarlison: £50 million
Siggurdsson: £45 million
Keane: £30 million
Pickford: £30 million
Bolasie: £27 million
Tosun: £27 million
Schneiderlin: £24 million
Walcott: £20-25 million

So we aren't particularly rich?

OK mate.

Our spending largely has been a shambles - only Gana you could argue as being a genuine bargain and potentially Digne if he gets back to his 1st season standards.

Chelsea have a few good young players - but this season a 4th place finish isnt great for them - more than likely if Abramavich spends big they wont get a chance as they'll sign CL quality players to try win trophies.

Also LFC are rich revenue wise but we can outspend them with Usmanov providing they aint getting £140 million for players to boost their coffers. Sadly they have just recruited very well.

Again its not about signing a top CF - if you have a manager as good as Ancelotti you could sign a Werner/Belotti/Lacazette/Jimenez type forwards who are good but not considered world class and get that extra 10% out of them - you cant tell me Salah or Mane would be as good if they were managed by some bum like Solskjaer and not Klopp?
Look at the prices your precious big teams pay for players, we don’t go dropping £50/60/70/80m on folk do we? Also we are owned by Farhad Moshiri if Usmanov suddenly starts chucking hundreds of millions of pounds of his own money just into the club do you not think the authorities might get a little bit suspicious?

We can’t outspend Liverpool who you’re talking about AGAIN though can we let’s be honest here. Plus they can buy better quality players because they’re better than us in every conceivable footballing way.

So now it’s not about signing a top quality CF despite saying:

Icardi completes his move to PSG - I wonder if we could dangle a Moise Kean sized carrot infront of Inter for £25 million and see if they will take a nibble?

Reinvest in a top CF to boost our forward options.

a couple of posts ago?

Werner is destined for the very top and no other player you’ve listed there is a significant upgrade on DCL. As @MarcelsGoat said we properly need an entirely new midfield before we need a striker, what DCL has done with Schneiderlin and Davies begins him is impressive.

I dont know why everybody thinks we need a Striker when we have Tom Davies and Morgan Snides getting games in midfield.

DCL and Rico have done superbly this season so far, its without question the strongest area of our side.

We have limited funds, I would rather we improved the holes with that money.

RW - Theo Walcott
CM - Fabian Delph
RB - Coleman

I do not want these players being first choice next season, under ANY circumstances.

I got no major beef with Coleman for the record, I just think hes not really a player I want starting every game at RB, hes more than able if called upon.

“limited funds” yep ok mate.

1 goal in about 25 games mate - who's to say that he'll develop into a top player?

Some players just dont develop in England and there is definitely precedent from players from Italy.

I just think we have a limited window of time whilst being blessed with having a top class manager in Ancelotti at the club but as usual I fear we'll go down the road of signing loads of "they'll be ace in 2-3 years" players and by the time that day comes if it does Ancelotti has gone/past it and we have some bum like Silva mismanaging the squad again.

Football doesnt wait around- Newcastle in the 90's and Spurs under Poch - if you dont take your chances of silverware then you may never get those days again.

Ancelotti
Usmanov

Both in their 60's and both wont be around forever - lets kin take our chance NOW and stop persisting with this 25 years and counting mediocrity HOPING that one day they'll turn good and lets start signing ready made players NOW.

There's a lot in that. I mean re Usmanov, the guy will have the finest medical provisions going, and by all accounts his next male heir works for the club, so there is obviously a longer term commitment here.

You are right though. Ancelotti has come to get a team working quickly. There's no way when Usmanov meets him, he states to him that he can have a great team in 5 years. I actually think Ancelotti is thinking medium term too, which is great, but he will want a quick turnaround. He's also a great man manager, able to manage big personalities, so it doesn't make sense to ignore that.

Re Kean though, I can't see him not being given another season. Carlo likes him. It will probably be a bit make or break. This lad isn't Tosun either, You could see with Tosun, he didn't have the key skills to be successful. This lad does. It doesn't man he will, but he could.

There's a lot in that. I mean re Usmanov, the guy will have the finest medical provisions going, and by all accounts his next male heir works for the club, so there is obviously a longer term commitment here.

You are right though. Ancelotti has come to get a team working quickly. There's no way when Usmanov meets him, he states to him that he can have a great team in 5 years. I actually think Ancelotti is thinking medium term too, which is great, but he will want a quick turnaround. He's also a great man manager, able to manage big personalities, so it doesn't make sense to ignore that.

Re Kean though, I can't see him not being given another season. Carlo likes him. It will probably be a bit make or break. This lad isn't Tosun either, You could see with Tosun, he didn't have the key skills to be successful. This lad does. It doesn't man he will, but he could.

Exactly those who believe we are little old Everton that cant compete financially are bonkers - we are in the top 6 clubs for biggest spenders since Moshiri arrived! The problem has been bang average recruitment and has been since Walsh.

I dont know on Kean tbh mate im not even sure Ancelotti rates him I mean he hasn't really played much under him has he? Add in the Big Dunc fiasco and his lockdown antics I wouldn't be suprised if he's moved on if someone offered the right money - his super agent isnt someone who will be happy with him sat on the bench devaluing his value long term either.

Look at the prices your precious big teams pay for players, we don’t go dropping £50/60/70/80m on folk do we? Also we are owned by Farhad Moshiri if Usmanov suddenly starts chucking hundreds of millions of pounds of his own money just into the club do you not think the authorities might get a little bit suspicious?

We can’t outspend Liverpool who you’re talking about AGAIN though can we let’s be honest here. Plus they can buy better quality players because they’re better than us in every conceivable footballing way.

So now it’s not about signing a top quality CF despite saying:

a couple of posts ago?

Werner is destined for the very top and no other player you’ve listed there is a significant upgrade on DCL. As @MarcelsGoat said we properly need an entirely new midfield before we need a striker, what DCL has done with Schneiderlin and Davies begins him is impressive.

How much did LFC spend this summer? Unless they sell a top player they tend not to spend alot of money - their yank owners use them as a cash cow as do Kroenke and the Glazers they are just lucky they hit the jackpot with Klopp when they sacked Gnashers.

Yes we are more limited by FFP however our revenue streams are slowly increasing year on year- the increased FF naming rights deal, the £30 million stadium agreement, the new kit deal and the likely increased new shirt sponsership deal will all give us room to spend. Add in any future BMD naming rights deal from USM yes we will still be behind the top 6 financially but it will still have us around the 7th biggest side financially so we have money we just have to recruit right.

Also hopefully Man City win their case and get FFP scrapped!

1 goal in about 25 games mate - who's to say that he'll develop into a top player?

Some players just dont develop in England and there is definitely precedent from players from Italy.

I just think we have a limited window of time whilst being blessed with having a top class manager in Ancelotti at the club but as usual I fear we'll go down the road of signing loads of "they'll be ace in 2-3 years" players and by the time that day comes if it does Ancelotti has gone/past it and we have some bum like Silva mismanaging the squad again.

Football doesnt wait around- Newcastle in the 90's and Spurs under Poch - if you dont take your chances of silverware then you may never get those days again.

Ancelotti
Usmanov

Both in their 60's and both wont be around forever - lets kin take our chance NOW and stop persisting with this 25 years and counting mediocrity HOPING that one day they'll turn good and lets start signing ready made players NOW.
He’s played around 700 mins of footy in the league, which equates to less than 8 games. The vast majority of that as a teenager. He’s got a goal and 2 assists in that time. It’s worth waiting to see if he’ll develop into a top player, but he needs more game time to actually develop.

You also say about buying players who are “ready made NOW” as if our board haven’t already blown about £150 million (plus ~30 mil a year on wages for them) on players that they thought were ready made in Sigurdsson/Bolasie/Schneiderlin/Walcott/Tosun/Williams... it’s not the younger players we’ve brought in looking to improve and nurture into better footballers that are holding us back mate. It’s the woeful misjudgement of the Walsh era. These transfers are the reason we can’t be risking spending decent money on “ready made players”.

How much did LFC spend this summer? Unless they sell a top player they tend not to spend alot of money - their yank owners use them as a cash cow as do Kroenke and the Glazers they are just lucky they hit the jackpot with Klopp when they sacked Gnashers.

Yes we are more limited by FFP however our revenue streams are slowly increasing year on year- the increased FF naming rights deal, the £30 million stadium agreement, the new kit deal and the likely increased new shirt sponsership deal will all give us room to spend. Add in any future BMD naming rights deal from USM yes we will still be behind the top 6 financially but it will still have us around the 7th biggest side financially so we have money we just have to recruit right.

Also hopefully Man City win their case and get FFP scrapped!
Liverpool have spent over a billion pounds to get an asterisk next to their name this year, don’t ever make out they don’t spend money.

Our revenue streams are still pathetic compared to the top teams and that’s not going to change unless we start winning a bit. As for recruiting right you’d hope players like Kean is us doing that, we just need some contracts to expire which in time will.

Deep down I don’t believe that we will ever win the league again and I believe that football is totally rigged for the big clubs but if FFP was scrapped and not replaced by something better we would absolutely unequivocally never even have an outside chance of picking up a top flight trophy ever again.

Liverpool have spent over a billion pounds to get an asterisk next to their name this year, don’t ever make out they don’t spend money.

Our revenue streams are still pathetic compared to the top teams and that’s not going to change unless we start winning a bit. As for recruiting right you’d hope players like Kean is us doing that, we just need some contracts to expire which in time will.

Deep down I don’t believe that we will ever win the league again and I believe that football is totally rigged for the big clubs but if FFP was scrapped and not replaced by something better we would absolutely unequivocally never even have an outside chance of picking up a top flight trophy ever again.

I dont think the RS have spent over a billion under FSG - maybe under a combination of previous owners but my point stands they spend alot of money when they sell players like Torres, Suarez and Coutinho for insane amounts - under Usmanov without FFP im confident we would outspend them as their owners use them as business not a play thing to chuck money at unnecessarily.

FFP is a disaster mate - if they scrapped that I would be completely confident in us winning a pot - Usmanov is worth near twice that of Abramovich remember - add in Moshiri's own dough and the pair aint far off Mansour.

He’s played around 700 mins of footy in the league, which equates to less than 8 games. The vast majority of that as a teenager. He’s got a goal and 2 assists in that time. It’s worth waiting to see if he’ll develop into a top player, but he needs more game time to actually develop.

You also say about buying players who are “ready made NOW” as if our board haven’t already blown about £150 million (plus ~30 mil a year on wages for them) on players that they thought were ready made in Sigurdsson/Bolasie/Schneiderlin/Walcott/Tosun/Williams... it’s not the younger players we’ve brought in looking to improve and nurture into better footballers that are holding us back mate. It’s the woeful misjudgement of the Walsh era. These transfers are the reason we can’t be risking spending decent money on “ready made players”.

Just because we recruited badly previously doesnt mean we still cant sign ready made players.

Richarlison, Gomes, Digne are all ready made players and are 3 of our best players.

The top 6 largely sign ready made players and they are the ones that win stuff.

Wolves and Leicester have also done this effectively recently - Maddison is one for the future at Leicester but he's already a very good player and impacting games even if he is inconsistent.

Kean on the other hand has scored one goal, runs like he's wearing concrete boots and was that bad he was hooked by Fergusen after about 5 minutes.

Just because he's young doesnt excuse it - plenty of young players like Greenwood, Martinelli, Saka etc. Who have played well for their respective clubs and atleast offered "something".

Thats not to say he wont improve in time but I will be shocked if he makes it in English football from what ive seen this season.

Would probably be looking at somebody a bit older myself, cant say im thrilled at this prospect of a 16 year old running our midfield personally.

Who suggested that :eek:

Well that’s a separate issue. Don’t disagree, though he does look very good.

Makes sense to me if were changing the whole central midfield then we dont just need starters but those we can develop along with the youth like onyango.

Who suggested that :eek:

Makes sense to me if were changing the whole central midfield then we dont just need starters but those we can develop along with the youth like onyango.

Im confused then, you want to sign him by promising him game time and then NOT giving him game time?

Status
Not open for further replies.