Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most top teams don’t have a top CF, where on earth are we getting one from?

Why not give Kean (who already plays for us) all the support and resources required to develop into a top player?
MA2_1972-1.jpg

Why not give Kean (who already plays for us) all the support and resources required to develop into a top player?
We probably already are. Hes very raw. Got all the attributes pace and pace. For me needs to work on his control and his finishing. He snatches at a lot of shots. On his YouTube video from italy days those shots usually went in. Here they have gone narrowly wide like the Liverpool chance he had. Hope we dont get rid of him as I reckon he will come good

We probably already are. Hes very raw. Got all the attributes pace and pace. For me needs to work on his control and his finishing. He snatches at a lot of shots. On his YouTube video those shots usually went in. Here they have narrowly wide like the Liverpool chance he had. Hope we dont get rid of him as I reckon he will come good
This. People on here always want us to sign young players but then never have any patience when they’re actually playing for us

1 goal in about 25 games mate - who's to say that he'll develop into a top player?

Some players just dont develop in England and there is definitely precedent from players from Italy.

I just think we have a limited window of time whilst being blessed with having a top class manager in Ancelotti at the club but as usual I fear we'll go down the road of signing loads of "they'll be ace in 2-3 years" players and by the time that day comes if it does Ancelotti has gone/past it and we have some bum like Silva mismanaging the squad again.

Football doesnt wait around- Newcastle in the 90's and Spurs under Poch - if you dont take your chances of silverware then you may never get those days again.

Ancelotti
Usmanov

Both in their 60's and both wont be around forever - lets kin take our chance NOW and stop persisting with this 25 years and counting mediocrity HOPING that one day they'll turn good and lets start signing ready made players NOW.

1 goal in about 25 games mate - who's to say that he'll develop into a top player?

Some players just dont develop in England and there is definitely precedent from players from Italy.

I just think we have a limited window of time whilst being blessed with having a top class manager in Ancelotti at the club but as usual I fear we'll go down the road of signing loads of "they'll be ace in 2-3 years" players and by the time that day comes if it does Ancelotti has gone/past it and we have some bum like Silva mismanaging the squad again.

Football doesnt wait around- Newcastle in the 90's and Spurs under Poch - if you dont take your chances of silverware then you may never get those days again.

Ancelotti
Usmanov

Both in their 60's and both wont be around forever - lets kin take our chance NOW and stop persisting with this 25 years and counting mediocrity HOPING that one day they'll turn good and lets start signing ready made players NOW.
Probably best to give him more than half a season though isn’t it?

And you didn’t answer my question, when most top teams in world football don't even have a top striker where on earth are we signing a ready made 20+ goal a season monster from?

Probably best to give him more than half a season though isn’t it?

And you didn’t answer my question, when most top teams in world football don't even have a top striker where on earth are we signing a ready made 20+ goal a season monster from?

Thats all well and good - but do what the big clubs do and give him a loan move and lets see if he develops and if he does we reap the benefits when he returns but if he doesn't we never wasted another season having him in the side doing nothing.

Chelsea never persisted with Abraham - they loaned him to Villa to develop his game and have reaped the benefits this season.

We now have the Ancelotti factor - players will want to play for him, we will financially be better than alot of clubs with Usmanov backing us and also its not always about signing the world class players - look at the Kopites the likes of Robertson, Mane, Salah, Fabinho, Milner, Gomez etc were hardly in demand but they have recruited well and they have a top manager to get the best out those players.

If Brands is so good as im constantly told why cant he do the same? I couldn't even tell you Liverpools DOF name yet Mr money man here is the big cheese yet we haven't seen much in the way of these shrewd types of signings.

I wonder how Onyango will come on over the next couple of years. I wonder if Bellingham at Birmingham wouldnt be a good signing and perhaps plan for both to have a pathway into the 1st team seeing as our midfield is so light.

Would rather put the effort into Onyango adding better coaching and link up with other clubs to develop him :) Bellingham will cost as much as 30 or 40 million due to being english and already had talks with Utd and until he is blooded at Premiership level we won't know ;-(

Links to players like the u19 Marseille lad Nkoundou on a free as left back is financially more sound than dumping another 3.3 million on Baines, who could be offered a non playing role to aid instilling Everton ethos into youth players ;-) Delph is also there to play left back at worst :-(

Our problem for years has been we are too loyal and did'nt count financial costs of it :-( Garbutt just finally leaving this summer and been over 4 years since he actually played for us is an example of this ;-(

Same way people saying keeping Coleman as back up right back? His on over 3.5 million a year on wages and currently we are not and should not be paying a back up that kind of wages :-( When we re successful on and off the field is the time to have your 75 thousand a week back up players but we are far off that at present ;-(

Alright then mate who are the 2 or 3 players we are getting.
Only Carlo and brands know that.
Me if we only have money for three players
I'd have Gabriel CB
2 midfielders who are combative can spot a pass can tackle. But I haven't got a clue who. Oh for a Bally or Peter Reid. But they wont come cheap. As someone else said before id be looking to the French league. Loads of strong players and they will be cheaper[/QUOTE]

Thats all well and good - but do what the big clubs do and give him a loan move and lets see if he develops and if he does we reap the benefits when he returns but if he doesn't we never wasted another season having him in the side doing nothing.

Chelsea never persisted with Abraham - they loaned him to Villa to develop his game and have reaped the benefits this season.

We now have the Ancelotti factor - players will want to play for him, we will financially be better than alot of clubs with Usmanov backing us and also its not always about signing the world class players - look at the Kopites the likes of Robertson, Mane, Salah, Fabinho, Milner, Gomez etc were hardly in demand but they have recruited well and they have a top manager to get the best out those players.

If Brands is so good as im constantly told why cant he do the same? I couldn't even tell you Liverpools DOF name yet Mr money man here is the big cheese yet we haven't seen much in the way of these shrewd types of signings.
The top teams are far richer than us and can afford to buy top players and have the pull with the allure of European football. We are a team that offer absolutely none of that, are not particularly rich and Carlo Ancelotti on his own can’t entirely cancel that out.

When has a loan move ever worked out for an Everton player aside from Holgate? Would Abraham, Tomori or Mount have got a chance if Lampard (who came from the Championship and isn’t a top manager) wasn’t appointed? Luckily we persisted with DCL who has scored the same as Abraham and was looking the bigger England prospect pre lockdown.

You’re mentioning Liverpool as usual who are minted, offer an Ancelotti level manager with European football and prestige but you seem to forget that they paid out their nose for Mane and Fabinho and every player you mention there was in fact linked to other big clubs at the time so they were in demand which you also have conveniently forgotten.

Marcel Brands has a mantra of developing young players, getting everything he can out of them and then selling big when they inevitably want to go. You can bitch and moan about this all you like but the fact is that’s the way he’s going to play it so you should probably get your head around that.

Once again: when most top clubs including Liverpool who you always seem to be oozing over who are European champions and English champions elect don’t have a top class striker where on earth are Everton buying one from?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.