Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair we can manage without a new striker we have DCL and Richarlison as first choice and Kean as back up. Gordon may also be a striker rather than a winger. Centre Back we were one short at the start of the season so it's the only position we don't need to sell to buy. I would like to ultimately replace Keane that's why I want 2. Centre midfield we need Besic and Schneiderlin gone and then replace them I would keep Davies as 5th choice and Delph will be adequate 4th choice until Gbamin returns. I think Kenny or Coleman would be an adequate back up for a new Right Back. I would probably sell Kenny just because we'll get more for him and I think we could possibly eek another 2 seasons out of Coleman and maybe Kyle John will be able to take his place as back up. Right Wing ideally get rid of both Sigurdsson and Walcott to create funds and space we need one in the style of Richarlison but left footed and one in the style of Bernard also left footed.

I think we need to sell Keane. Hes only got 2 years on his deal. Best to sell him and sign 2 cbs.

Id keep Gomes / Gbamin / Davies and sell the rest then sign 2 CMs.

Sell Kenny and ideally Coleman as well. He wont last a few games in a row. Otherwise have another RB like John perhaps to step in or some cover.

Same with Baines...he wont last a run of games we need another LB.

Id keep Walcott a season till his deal expires and sign another RW.

Todibo looks like everything I dislike in a modern defender. Seems so confident in his own ability he disregards the art of defending. Seems to take unnecessary risks when a 5 yard pass would relieve danger. Should have been a midfielder of he wants to maraud forward.

Hes played DM a few times.

I think we need to sell Keane. Hes only got 2 years on his deal. Best to sell him and sign 2 cbs.

Id keep Gomes / Gbamin / Davies and sell the rest then sign 2 CMs.

Sell Kenny and ideally Coleman as well. He wont last a few games in a row. Otherwise have another RB like John perhaps to step in or some cover.

Same with Baines...he wont last a run of games we need another LB.

Id keep Walcott a season till his deal expires and sign another RW.

Hes played DM a few times.

One of the 2 CB would ideally be comfortable at LB so if we lost Digne we wouldn't be having to play Baines twice a week. It sounds like our thinking isn't too different just slightly different ways of getting there.

...he genuinely looks the type CFs like to play against because they always give you a chance. I also think he’s a bit lightweight for our needs. I hate to say it, but VvD type physicality is our requirement, real power, pace and athleticism.
Gabriel should definitely be our cb target. Got all the attributes of VvD

To be fair we can manage without a new striker we have DCL and Richarlison as first choice and Kean as back up. Gordon may also be a striker rather than a winger. Centre Back we were one short at the start of the season so it's the only position we don't need to sell to buy. I would like to ultimately replace Keane that's why I want 2. Centre midfield we need Besic and Schneiderlin gone and then replace them I would keep Davies as 5th choice and Delph will be adequate 4th choice until Gbamin returns. I think Kenny or Coleman would be an adequate back up for a new Right Back. I would probably sell Kenny just because we'll get more for him and I think we could possibly eek another 2 seasons out of Coleman and maybe Kyle John will be able to take his place as back up. Right Wing ideally get rid of both Sigurdsson and Walcott to create funds and space we need one in the style of Richarlison but left footed and one in the style of Bernard also left footed.
Can agree with this but if we really want to make progress we need 2 combative ball playing midfielders as well. We are so weak in midfield. Gomes inconsistent. Gbamin who knows. Davies not strong enough. Will cost some money so let's hope the money is there

Can agree with this but if we really want to make progress we need 2 combative ball playing midfielders as well. We are so weak in midfield. Gomes inconsistent. Gbamin who knows. Davies not strong enough. Will cost some money so let's hope the money is there

I maybe didn't make it clear in my original post I think we need 2 CM. One in the Essien/Vieira mould to partner Gomes the other comfortable in both roles so we can rotate the 3. Keep Delph as 4th choice until Gbamin returns Davies as 5th choice. Maybe after a loan spell Adeniran will be able to force his way into the thinking.

...he genuinely looks the type CFs like to play against because they always give you a chance. I also think he’s a bit lightweight for our needs. I hate to say it, but VvD type physicality is our requirement, real power, pace and athleticism.
I like the look of him but those twists and turns in his own area he seems to like doing are just asking for a forward to pick his pocket or get shunted off the ball and score from. He’d be getting some major league abuse from that.

I maybe didn't make it clear in my original post I think we need 2 CM. One in the Essien/Vieira mould to partner Gomes the other comfortable in both roles so we can rotate the 3. Keep Delph as 4th choice until Gbamin returns Davies as 5th choice. Maybe after a loan spell Adeniran will be able to force his way into the thinking.
If we got those types in I'd be made up. Think Gomes has got the skills so 2 really good midfielders will hopefully bring him on. Just hope if we do get them they also have the never give up attitude. Some in the midfield now arnt good enough and give up too easily

....Wendel looks a Gbamin replacement to me. Midfielder who receives the ball deep and can make ground with his running power. I think Brands likes that type.
Wendel’s apparently picked up a bad injury in training the other day. Possibly long term which would rule him out of any move this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.