New Everton Stadium Discussion

With all the talk about Covid 19 and the threat that packed stadia, or even anyone being allowed into grounds for a year, are we sure that this new stadium build won't be postponed?

With all the talk about Covid 19 and the threat that packed stadia, or even anyone being allowed into grounds for a year, are we sure that this new stadium build won't be postponed?
Lad who sells the bug issue outside lime Street told me that the stadium deal is dead and buried until a vaccine for covid19 is found. Said Boris Johnson said there may never be a vaccine. So it's all over now

Prices don't decline in construction only increase.
Prices do decline in a recession, we have all seen in the last recession how property prices were slashed , in Ireland in some cases by up to 50%.
There is no better time to buy anything than in the depths of a recession.

The problem in a recession is that it becomes much more difficult to borrow money .
If there is going to be a problem with the BMD project it will in all probability be in financing the project rather than bringing it in on budget.

As we have no idea how it is to be financed we have no idea if this will be a problem...imo.

Prices do decline in a recession, we have all seen in the last recession how property prices were slashed , in Ireland in some cases by up to 50%.
There is no better time to buy anything than in the depths of a recession.

The problem in a recession is that it becomes much more difficult to borrow money .
If there is going to be a problem with the BMD project it will in all probability be in financing the project rather than bringing it in on budget.

As we have no idea how it is to be financed we have no idea if this will be a problem...imo.

Your confusing already built properties with a new build , property prices did indeed reduce on existing properties , house builders basically hibernated for a few years sat on their landbank until conditions improved then upped there yearly build and increased their margins . If there was stadium for sale in a recession you might get a great deal .

A construction company may cut its margins to the bone to improve their chances of winning a contract but that’s a very dodgy way to go for both client and contractor but generally wages will stagnate as may raw materials but the extra health and safety manufacturers and contractors have to put in place ongoing will only increase costs .

When are the council sorting this out then?

I assumed we would have had atleast an answer by start of June but looks to be well later and will probably slow our progress down.

Lad who sells the bug issue outside lime Street told me that the stadium deal is dead and buried until a vaccine for covid19 is found. Said Boris Johnson said there may never be a vaccine. So it's all over now

this would what the 4th or 5th time some one has said that this is dead and buried, from water voles to filling in the dock.

you will forgive me if I call BS until I hear/read something official